• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any copyright issues reproducing this?

Riggs5893

Hi just opinions really.

Do you think there would be any issues reproducing this Top Gun leather name tag for personal use? I know Top Gun is a real training school and there are plenty of Top Gun movie products/patches floating around, but wouldn’t want to get anyone in trouble if they were to reproduce it for me.

Cheers

A9770A3E-84BE-4DD2-88E8-0DDB30ACE744.jpeg

B-Man2

I don’t think a one off copy is going to cause you any problems . I think if you attempted to reproduce them for sale to the public that might be an issue .
DISCLAIMER : I’m not trying to give you any legal advice here, just offering my opinion . :)

Riggs5893

I don’t think a one off copy is going to cause you any problems . I think if you attempted to reproduce them for sale to the public that might be an issue .
DISCLAIMER : I’m not trying to give you any legal advice here, just offering my opinion . :)
Definitely just for myself and appreciate the reply.

Riggs5893

Shawn will probably come at you
Ha ha actually it was Shawn I was hoping could make it, but he is concerned about copyright issues. Maybe he was thinking of selling them to a wider audience rather than just for a one-off individual use.

Riggs5893

Sean Collins over on facebook recently tried to pick a fight with Shawn Fesho (of Five Star) over alleged copying of his patches. It generated some conversation over here, and that's what Otter was referring to.
Ah okay thanks. I was unaware of that. Sounds like I’ll be making my own version then to save any more stress.

Skyhawk

Yeah that font is kinda funky! :)

This cloth one is better. There are lots out there to choose from. you can probably find one that is really close to the original one.
s-l500.jpg

Riggs5893

Cheers. I have owned these but I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to patches and the font is wrong on the fake brown leather version. The cloth one is so much better but would need to be on a leather/fake leather to tick the boxes. Appreciate the suggestions though.

Skyhawk

Well I doubt you would have any issues with copyrights if you did make these. I have all my leather nameplates done by "Nametags4u.com" They partner with Williams & Williams and do great work. They provide nameplates for the military so they are Spec. and very nice. They do custom printing. I also saw this one on the bay. The closest I have seen. It is on auction and ends in 12 hrs:
1662562113137.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144700486867?hash=item21b0d234d3:g:NIsAAOSwP65iz4nb