• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another Virgil Hilts A2

Marv

I have just been browsing the King of Cool website and noticed that they have upgraded their version of the famous Virgil Hilts A2.

It's much better that their previous offering and it's been manufactured by Aero Scotland so it will be quality made, however from their description it states that they have copied the Roughwear 27752 pattern in every details but as far as I can tell, it looks just like a typical Aero A2 and not really any resemblance to the 27752 contract at all.

And for £600, well have a look for yourselves.............

http://www.thekingofcool.com/clothing/t ... acket.html

Roughwear

I agree Paul. I'm quite surprised by how much this Aero-made jacket deviates from the typical RW 27752 contract. The pocket flaps and the collar seem way off.

Tim P

The caveat being that it's pretty much exact. Notice that bovine leather is used. Sounds better than cow.

Roughwear

Yes, horsehide is very tough and very hard wearing but it is also incredibly heavy, uncomfortably stiff and, in our view, unattractively shiny and so we have chosen a much softer, easier to wear bovine leather.
:roll: :lol:

Marv

Roughwear said:
I agree Paul. I'm quite surprised by how much this Aero-made jacket deviates from the typical RW 27752 contract. The pocket flaps and the collar seem way off.

I agree Andrew, looks nothing like the RW contract but at least partially authentic by using cow..... :)

Roughwear

True Paul. Although Gary Eastman says this contract was made from horse, cow may well have been used as it was on the previous contract.

Chandler

"...although the differences between the jackets made by the various manufacturers that year would be difficult for most people to discern."

How 'bout that Andrew? (though I know you're not "most people.")

Roughwear

Very good Chandler! Most people could discern the differences if they had several jackets from different makers in front of them. :)