• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Tanker question

tikifrei

Hello.

I have been thinking of getting a repo tanker. The Buzz Rickson's might just be a bit too expensive right now. I was curious if anyone has/seen or has any info on these makers......

SMWHOLESALE
http://www.smwholesale.com/0062.html
img0081.jpg

or

WWII Imperssions
http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/usarmy.html#tanker

tanker3.jpg

Thanks

Eric

Peter Graham

The WW2 Impressions one looks the part but the SMW wholesale jacket is completly the wrong colour, shell and knits.

Chandler

I have a WW2 impressions version, but it's much more green than the image they show.
Not sure how their new pieces are, as mine is a few years old, but I like mine. Cut and
fabrics are good, no spec label and it has a brass zipper.

At The Front has a nice one too -- their models have changed over the years too, but they
have a nickel zip and spec tag, if that's important.

Chandler.

WLDFFTR

I've got a WW2 Impressions, about 2 years old.
The color as shown is fairly close to what mine is.
Nice jacket, full wool liner, however the zipper is junk.
Its a "brass" YKK and much too small for the jacket.
I did get a look at the ATF jackets, very nice, if I was in the market
I would prrobably go that way. The color is good and the zipper
is much better. Less money too, I think.

Tim P

atf have the happiest tanker in terms of quality and price. Others compromise in some way or are way overpriced.

tikifrei

Thanks for the replys. Sounds like ATF might be the best way to go for now. I am not in a big hurry....its almost summer ;) I will keep my eyes open for a deal.

TarHeel1911

Here's another vote for the ATF Tanker Jacket. I got one in February and found it to be an excellent value for the money (around 80 dollars US).

Based on other examples I've seen the color is right on, and it is a more substantial garment than one might expect for the price-probably better than most jackets you'd spend 80 bucks on at the mall.

Big thumbs-up to ATF customer service, too-there was a question about my order, and their rep called me right at closing time to straighten things out so they could get my order out the same day I placed it. :D

veli1

TarHeel1911 said:
Here's another vote for the ATF Tanker Jacket. I got one in February and found it to be an excellent value for the money (around 80 dollars US)

Pics please,front and back. ;)

ausreenactor

Following all the posts and decided on an ATF Tanker and M41 for myself. I am sure I will be pleased. Only a few weeks til we depart the dusty haven of the Taliban. As an added bonus, Rollin at ATF sent the items Priority, over the standard USPS Ground shipping, at ATF expense and did me a good deal for the combo. Do not tell anyone about his generosity or his hardened veneer will be shot and I will be the subject of a rant.. I must assume, like most US sellers via eBay or the net, they appreciate what we are doing out here. Have had very favourable comments from all I have bought off..Some have sent cookies, candy and cards on top of the item I paid for...VERY humbling.. Will let you know just how pleased I am when they arrive...

Regards..

Couchy

ausreenactor

M41 and the Tanker arrived yesterday. Despite the 110 degree heat, I ran to the accomodation block, cooled down and then tried them on. The M41 42R is a good fit for my ELC 40, Original Class A 40R/40L frame. The Tanker in Large is very roomy, and I probably could have done with a Medium. But the jacket is GREAT!! Label looks good and the zipper is marked Talon, and despite being on the Yank side I can manage..

For the price I paid, and given I did not have to use EMS as per ATF's international shipping policy, I did VERY well... More to the list of ATF kit in the 'war'drobe...

Regards..

Couchy