• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another mint jacket coming my way

A

Anonymous

For the price of a couple of gallons of gas, not bad.

This jacket is from HLB, just like the one I took pic's of at RMNZ with the AVG patch, the authenticity of which was discussed.

However this jacket has the same interesting arm patch detail. The upper end of the arm patch is sewn into the jacket torso to sleeve seam at the shoulder. It must have been a bitch to sew, different to the diamond and AN-J-4 style patches from other M-445 manufacturers.

Just a small difference but cool nevertheless I reckon.

BEVAN

bazelot

This one, as many other shearling jackets, is probably beyond restauration :)
The price was right and itchy fingers could not resist placing a bid at the last minute. I guess I will see the extent of the damage when I get the jacket. The wife will be pleased to get another one in this shape that takes up space in the closet :)

shanghai joe

bazelot said:
The price was right and itchy fingers could not resist placing a bid at the last minute. I guess I will see the extent of the damage when I get the jacket. The wife will be pleased to get another one in this shape that takes up space in the closet :)

you're not alone.........we are your support troop

welcome to EA........ebay anonymous......as in AA alcoholic anonymous

ooooooopd I done it again......pull the trigga!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bristolherc said:
... The upper end of the arm patch is sewn into the jacket torso to sleeve seam at the shoulder...

As illustrated:

M-445close.jpg

A

Anonymous

shanghai joe said:
bazelot said:

you're not alone.........we are your support troop

welcome to EA........ebay anonymous......as in AA alcoholic anonymous

Yea my postman and I have a deal so the jacket can find it's way into the garage, and then the closet before someone notices. I feel so dirty.

ooooooopd I done it again......pull the trigga!

bazelot

Peter Graham said:
Good buy Tom. Even if the jacket is beyond help you can sell the zipper for a healthy profit.

Peter,
I looked at the pictures and it does not look like the zipper is original. Hard to tel though. I will post pics when I get it. I figured at this price I could not go wrong.

A

Anonymous

bazelot said:
Peter Graham said:
Good buy Tom. Even if the jacket is beyond help you can sell the zipper for a healthy profit.

Peter,
I looked at the pictures and it does not look like the zipper is original. Hard to tel though. I will post pics when I get it. I figured at this price I could not go wrong.

In which case you have a completely useless jacket. Congratulations!

bazelot

Tranquility Base said:
bazelot said:
Peter Graham said:

Peter,

In which case you have a completely useless jacket. Congratulations!

For $30 that still makes a beautiful display. I am hoping that only the back panels are bad. If the whole jacket is fragile it still is anice piece of history. I would be surprised if the zipper was changed as the jacket seems to have seen only minimal wear. Time I guess is much worse than wear for shearling.