• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another light colored a-2 [with a kwik zipper]

Silver Surfer

IMG_1573.JPG
IMG_1572.JPG IMG_1573.JPG IMG_1575.JPG IMG_1576.JPG IMG_1577.JPG IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1572.JPG
IMG_1573.JPG
IMG_1575.JPG
IMG_1576.JPG
IMG_1577.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1572.JPG
IMG_1573.JPG
IMG_1575.JPG
IMG_1576.JPG
IMG_1577.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
the cable a-2 is in super nice, wearable condition. it is completely original. it was made with lighter colored hh, and has worn and faded to an even lighter color.
IMG_1572.JPG
IMG_1576.JPG
IMG_1577.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
this one was fitted with a kwik zipper, as seen. interesting that the original knits though faded, are in splendid condition. the 39th fs patch is wool chinille, and original to the jacket. if you look closely, you will note the original russet color on the collar back side. no info about the original owner, a.h. wood. as is often the case with original cable a-2s, this one is an easy comfy wearer.

Last edited:

Roughwear

What a fantastic first contract Cable Vic! I guess it is a size 40. I notice it has mismatched box stitching on the epaulets. Have you had it long in your collection?

Skyhawk

Wow! Outstanding jacket. I like the mismatched panels on the sleeve as well. Interesting patch almost looks like crochet.

oose

Great jacket, one of the nicest A2 I've seen for a while. I think A. H. Wood may be in this photo...
aCh_03_C_19410599-39th PS At Selfridge AAB-Early summer 1941 600dpi C.jpg

johnwayne

Nice...I'm liking the collar shape which actually looks more like a modern jacket but that chenille patch is nice too, a handsome A2 for sure in all respects.

Silver Surfer

yup, size 40. however, it is a generous size 40 with measurements just about the same as my "no name" cable in size 42. i have owned this one appx. 20-25 years, and wear it occasionally.

dmar836

Awesome jacket but wait, what about what oose shared? Think that's him? Unearthing the history of this stuff is what it's all about.
Really great stuff!
Dave