• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another "Flaw" I wish we could get in a repro

ZuZu

Many of the collars I see on original Bronco jackets have a distinct fold on one or both sides of the collar:

B-Man2

You can duplicate that fairly easy by zipping up your jacket, folding it and placing it in the bottom of a chest or cabinet with your other jackets on top of it.
I've done that more than a few times but unintentionally. The result was the same.

ZuZu

I have seen some GW Bronco collars which approximate this:

and the AVI has a hint of such a fold:

Aero of Scotland doesn't even come close- I honestly think their jackets have a generic house A-2 pattern and little details are changed (squared off pocket corners for example) to make a different contract:

This fold is a distinct feature of Broncos which happens because of the way the jackets were sewn and the pattern of the jacket. Not being a tailor I can't explain it yet I know it to be true.

Saint-ex

Ok, I was one of those who wanted to believe that you had nothing against Aero, but there...

Sounds to me as if you had posted car wheels pictures and at the end, a picture of flat tire and with the comment: a Scottish wheel, you see it is not so round.

You cannot compare with a jacket on a model.

ZuZu

Actually I never said I had nothing against Aero of Scotland. I've ordered 2 jackets from them in the mid 2000s- I was disappointed each time. What I have against the company is that their whole idea is such a great one- that is copy one WW2 contract exactly using WW2 patterns- but their execution is not so good. I don't believe they have ever actually used WW2 patterns or even original jackets taken part- the fit of their jackets to my eye and from my experience has always been weird. They get the details of their Aero contract wrong, their pockets on the Aero repro jacket are too low and they use funky hardware on snaps and clips. Their stitching is horrible- probably their greatest flaw- brutal zig-zag and just plain wrong looking. I can immediately tell an Aero OS jacket...

SuinBruin

One side of the collar on my 2008 Good Wear Bronco in goat is wonky, and has been since it was new. (I remember John apologizing for it, but it never fazed me.) You can see some pics in this thread.

10 year GW Bronco review