• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Erich Hartmann flight jacket

Sergey65

Hi guys,

I am a new member of this forum. After reading this thread, I decided to show one my WW2 period flight Reichsverteidigung jacket. Unfortunately, the electrician has been removed from this jacket. But the skin is in good condition so far. This jacket came to me from the family of a Russian veteran pilot. I hope your will like it.

Best regards,
Sergey

Attachments

• 0D3EB70F-D931-4C6E-813D-15966994F413.jpeg
    0D3EB70F-D931-4C6E-813D-15966994F413.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 350

Rory Schultz

The ELC Hartmann is the ONLY jacket 'normal' people have ever commented positively on. A-2s generally only get 'Top Gun' , 'Fonzie' or other references.. The 'Top Gun' is the worst....

I hated Top Gun with a passion! The dumbest scene ever is flying inverted over the other jet taking a photo. Not possible to do because of air flow/turbulence or whatever they call it when jets ...or its losing lift I dont remember

Sergey65

Looks good, what year and size is it? Does it have a pilots name in it?

Unfortunately the label has been deleted. Size M or L Europ. (48—50). As a rule, the year of production of these jackets is 1944 rarely 1945.
I have a similar fully ‘RV’ flight jacket with electric heating and label. I will show it a little later.

Rory Schultz

I remember all of yours from War Relics EU. Very nice collection. I have always wanted the matching bottoms for mine but these days they are too expensive to acquire.

Sergey65

Thanks, Rory. Yes, I agree that now the prices for these jackets are very high, but if you're lucky, you can find them at a fair price.

I noticed that some jackets are of high quality calfskin and some of the rougher pigskin. For example, like my second RV leather flight jacket. It is made of a rougher pigskin, but is in an undisturbed state with electric heating for flight gloves and boots.

Best regards,
Sergey

5EA7C505-64D4-4894-AF04-143E270DD6B0.jpeg

Sergey65

The Reichsverteidigung pilot and the pilot who arrived the day before yesterday. Apparently from the Eastern Front ;)