• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Another Erich Hartmann flight jacket

Rory Schultz

Hello Pilot......I am about to walk out the door. I will be back later. But I wanted to find out some things about that Hartmann jacket. When I get back I will go into it more.

Rory Schultz

What I would like to know is about the waist buckles of the Hartmann. Were you the one who sells the buckles? I do not remember who is the person who has a few of those buckles.

Pilot

I had...sold them in a glimpse.
But there is a French artisan reproducing/literally, hand crafting these Hartmann jackets as well as the Reichs Defence jackets...( IMHO the best repros money can buy) he has them for sale in a set with D-rings...as a kind of repair kit.
If you are willing to invest ;););), you may contact them.

Attachments

Last edited:

petermack09

Are these any good for anyone,,I’m sure they came with my Eastman Luftwaffe years ago,,sold the jacket and just found these at the back of a drawer,,pm if these are of interest.cheers peter
image.jpg

Bombing IP

I had...sold them in a glimpse.
But there is a French artisan reproducing/literally, hand crafting these Hartmann jackets as well as the Reichs Defence jackets...( IMHO the best repros money can buy) he has them for sale in a set with D-rings...as a kind of repair kit.
If you are willing to invest ;););), you may contact them.
So give us the link so we can contact them.

Jeff

Rory Schultz

Are these any good for anyone,,I’m sure they came with my Eastman Luftwaffe years ago,,sold the jacket and just found these at the back of a drawer,,pm if these are of interest.cheers peter View attachment 23956
Greetings I am home now, I could not see the images very well on my cell phone. But now on my 60 inch screen I can see that they are post WW2 copies or reproductions.

Pilot

The French artisan is not very modern...they just have an Email address.
PM me and I will give you these data.
As mentioned earlier...be prepared to invest...surely a lot of spitting when reading about the prices and delivery time..;););).
Also, they dont take PP but only Bank wire transfer via IBAN...

Last edited:

Pilot

looks a bit like what Noble House are offering as their "H-219 Uhu" jacket...
Sorry, please check/compare details...Objectively, a detailed comparison with an original and the French artisan’s repro speaks for itself...Plus a while back, I bought an UHU from NH...what a joke ( far away from the WW2 original, leather with a chemical stench, blousy sizing, lousy hardware/craftsmanship)...Posted it here a few months back.
Did not even sell it, since embarrassing (as a collector looking for max. authenticity), gave it to a charity organization collecting used clothes.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rory Schultz

Sorry Pilot, I do not know how to PM someone. I am very new to a forum and navigating it etc. I would be interested in the buckles if I can afford them. So you are saying these are ww2 period? Is it proper to give you my email address? I don't know if members can do that.