• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Another Erich Hartmann flight jacket

Garylafortuna

Thank you Burt and thank you CBI. It certainly is a cool looking jacket all right. Got to love that red piping. I suspected before the purchase that it wasn't a Luftwaffe jacket, but the price was good ( 155.00 GBP ). I'll try to wear it as often as possible, but summer is almost upon us so it will probably hang in the already overstuffed closet until the leaves start to fall again. Only a few short years ago I would never have suspected that I'd be wearing leather flight jackets on a rotating basis. Sheesh.

Garylafortuna

Rory, jacket was purchased only today so it may take a week or so to wing its way across the pond and into my hot little hands.
With the new format, posting photos is much easier than it used to be. Now it is simply a matter of click and drag. Thank you for the comment.

Last edited:
Click and drag? From where? Oh yes, I have a new jacket coming also. It is one of those German 1930's double breasted moto jacket. I started discovering items not featured in our own ebay, so I started going to the foreign ebay ones finding some awesome stuff. I also found some other web sites featuring items that were linked to sellers using ebay from their country. I normally would not find their web sites going through our search engine...… so I started nosing around foreign ones. I just got a Kriegsmarine Admiral auto pennant to go with my Luftwaffe General's pennant.

Garylafortuna

First of all I move the photos from the eBay site to my I Photo gallery, then when I want to post here, hit the 'insert image' icon and a window will open that says 'Drop Image'. Then I drag the image from my Photo gallery and paste it in here. This is the first time I've done this. Please excuse my computer terminology.
Hope you will be able to show your stuff Rory. Took me years to figure out this posting photos enigma.