• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Ebay A-2 fun making seller.

johnwayne

Crikey how bad is that but at least it's an original Avirex! The seller is either a con artist or just ignorantly innocent being swayed by what else they've seen on eBay, to give him the benefit of doubt - somehow though I fear the former, but whatever, hes's deluded!!

stanier

Has anybody messaged him about his error?

Feels innocent as the amount and detail of photos including not least the label tell the true story.

Shame about the error laden fairy tale description!

MikeyB-17

Ay caramba! ‘There is nothing about the jacket’s condition that would be considered as damage??’ What about the pocket hanging off and the bleeding great hole in the front? Horrible leather too. It’s not even a nice jacket. A million miles away from the old Avirex I recently bought, or the one Juanito is selling, both of which are decent jackets. This bloke is living in cloud cuckoo-land if he thinks anyone is going to be daft enough to pay that money for that monstrosity.

Last edited:

Pilot

Someone should give him a wake up call...
I really love the „research work part.. „
this really tops it all...poor him, most probably he tries to resell a „ rotten egg“ he found in his own basket at a certain time.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

i sent him-her a message stating that the jacket is a 1982-86 repro,, not a wwll original. furthermore, i added that my message was not intended to rain on his-hers parade, but to possible help them to avoid any issues selling the jacket. i did not mention any value, as the market will.

Micawber

Chancer's everywhere.

Well at least they tempered their description and avoided the appalling old WOW L@@K routine...

Dany McDonald

I think I really understand what he is trying to say/sell:

The bomber made of leather in WWII some with horsehide and the lieutenant wore it with the patch is what you would expect from a 1940’s World War 2. I researched the squadron but not the Avirex.

It's called filling the gap with meaningful words...

He's going fishing, fingers crossed!

D

Pilot

He learned fast and changed within the last two hours... conman or naive??? huuuhhh

Last edited:

Pilot

Still all the funny WWII BS there...
Should have searched the jacket maker at first... to find out its all from 30 years++ after WW2 at best.
Plus all the „damage free“ wording...
Plus the price.
Hmm naive or crook?

robrinay

I’ve reported it as fraudulent even though I’m pretty sure noone will be daft enough to buy it at any price.
It will be interesting to see if eBay take any notice.

robrinay

Agree, thx.
He’s dropped the price to $400 and edited the listing to ‘reproduction’ so he’s taken note of advice - still too pricey but at least the title is no longer fraudulent. He didn’t bother to change the description though o_O

B-Man2

He’s dropped the price to $400 and edited the listing to ‘reproduction’ so he’s taken note of advice - still too pricey but at least the title is no longer fraudulent. He didn’t bother to change the description though o_O
Well .... at least he took your advise, that’s a plus I guess.

silvio76

I reckon there are still people out there who believe the myth that Avirex were a WWII contractor.
Avirex is established 1975, so they could not be WW II contractor. Their first contract with USAF for A-2 jackets was from 1998.