• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another BK victory Hide monarch

Greg Gale

It has the exact same measurements as my ELC Star. I love the color of the hide, and the grain too. I wonder how much it will go for.

Brettafett

I understand these BK Monarchs are copied off an Eastman Monarch. Pity it was not longer ;)
Measurements are right at the end.

Greg Gale

measurements? i don see no stinkn measurements.

You weren't persistent enough to scroll all the way down, below the 3768 close-up pictures. Or, you can use this magic button on your keyboard ;)

end.jpg

Pit to pit: 21.5, shoulders 17.5, back 24.5, sleeve 25.5

Silver Surfer

nope, not an issue of being dumb or lack of persistence. ebay is not recognizing my server? or some such. i get some of the eb info, some of the times, and some times not. being something of an "old school" luddite, i am not interested in up date, up date up date, more info, more scrutiny, and going deeper into cyber world. do i miss some shit? yep. do i miss missing it? nope. it is so much easier engaging hunan beans on the vlj to get eb info.....if i want or need it.

Greg Gale

Sorry Silver Surfer, I didn't mean to suggest you were dumb, it was a bit of a tongue in cheek post from my part. The seller couldn't have hidden the measurements any better, virtually buried under a plethora of photos.

Brettafett

I actually gave up trying to find them twice, being half way down 20+ pics... Finally made it to the bottom and found them.
Andy, if you are reading this, please post measurements in the body copy ;)

jeremiah

This one has just slightly different measurements than the 38 I just bought.
My Aero
Pit to pit is 21.5”
Back 24”
Sleeves 25.5”
Shoulders 17”

Same as my monarch in 40 but that one had a back and sleeve length of just 25”
So this BK monarch size 40 is slightly longer in shoulders and sleeves than ELC’s size 40 monarch.

One of you guys here should go for it.

Last edited:

Pilot

so the BK victory hides keep rolling in. NOS.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Bill-Kelso-A-2-Jacket-WWII-Monarch-233780-Victory-horsehide-seal-size-40/292664298327?hash=item442426cb57:g:SZ4AAOSwNqJbYdSM&_nkw=bill+kelso+A2&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR4.TRC0.A0.H0.Xbill+kelso.TRS0

Thought I would put this one here for anyone interested. If I am understanding Andy right, this might be their last sample jacket in Victory hide which they will list for sale.
Maybe I am misunderstanding but this one looks pretty sweet.
Please note the highest bidders ( even if coded ID)100% bidding with this seller, one has 6 bid retractions...and they were the same “winners” on the last A-2 offer from this seller...Shillbidding...!

jeremiah

Well I guess one could look at it that way or one could also conclude that the same interested parties from the last BK are also interested in this one as well.

Either way though, I got that aero for only a few dollars more than what I would have paid for my liberty HH dubow. So I am happy.

You could be right though.

Pilot

Glad you got it this way...
These two “winners” will soon have a great BK jacket collection... all BK types and all sizes...

jeremiah

Trying to read behind the lines of what you are meaning by that statement. Care to elaborate in a less cryptic way?:)