• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another a2jacketpatches moving sale

MikeyB-17

Just received my AVG 'Hell's Angel' patch from Sean, shipped very quickly. Couldn't be happier with it, absolutely stunning.

FlyingYankee

Here's mine. The patch and jacket get lots of attention. Spent Three hours hand sewing the patch.
232323232%7Ffp54376%3Enu%3D3634%3E9%3B7%3E%3B%3B%3B%3E27259%3B7%3C%3A%3C259ot1lsi

a2jacketpatches

Holy smokes! 3 hours? Takes about 5 minutes on my machine but have to be careful, I have sewn through a folded up liner before and had to remove and re-stitch. That's back when I had a guy bringing me something just about every day :roll: Tried to fake sleeping some times :lol: Only once in a blue moon will I sew patches on the jacket these days, just patched one up for the Lawyer that got Veteran status for the AVG back in the 80's. Good customer and friend of mine so I don't mind, but otherwise I HATE sewing patches to a jacket. Will post pics some time today.

FlyingYankee

Well My way is definitively the hard way but the stitches are neat and put a minimum of holes in the jacket. I like to think I am doing it similar to the way it would be done by an Airman sixty or seventy years ago.

a2jacketpatches

You've got a point there, Aside from the stress and hustle of combat I'm sure finding something to occupy the mind for three hours was very welcome.

MikeyB-17

It's my understanding that most of that stuff was done in-theatre by the parachute rigger shop. I like to hand sew mine too, using a double needle technique, so I will have my work cut out this week.

shedonwanna

a2jacketpatches said:
Here's Bobs jacket, he was made an honorary member of the AVG and fought hard to get them veteren status.

Bob can wear that jacket proudly. I know he is an authority in tax law but his work on behalf the AVG gave them the recognition they deserved and had sought since 1945. Although most of the AVG are veterans due to their service after the AVG disbanded, this recognition also gave veteran's benefits to those who died while members of the AVG and those who did not re-enlist. A Presidential Unit Citation was awarded and a few years later the Air Force awarded DFC's to the combat crews and Bronze Stars to the ground crews. Bob likely already knows but the few AVG veterans I knew were very proud of the recognition.

You did a great job with the R. T. "Tadpole" Smith jacket. Some of our forum members may not know but Bert Christman of the 2nd squadron Pandas was a comic-strip artist before the war and had sketched some charactertures of other AVG pilots. Chuck Baisden was also artistic and made some jewlery. I have a bolo tie Chuck made using the AVG logo. Thanks for sharing the jacket photo and if Bob has time maybe you can get him to share some thoughts on his relationship with the AVG.

a2jacketpatches

shedonwanna said:
a2jacketpatches said:
Here's Bobs jacket, he was made an honorary member of the AVG and fought hard to get them veteren status.

Bob can wear that jacket proudly. I know he is an authority in tax law but his work on behalf the AVG gave them the recognition they deserved and had sought since 1945. Although most of the AVG are veterans due to their service after the AVG disbanded, this recognition also gave veteran's benefits to those who died while members of the AVG and those who did not re-enlist. A Presidential Unit Citation was awarded and a few years later the Air Force awarded DFC's to the combat crews and Bronze Stars to the ground crews. Bob likely already knows but the few AVG veterans I knew were very proud of the recognition.

You did a great job with the R. T. "Tadpole" Smith jacket. Some of our forum members may not know but Bert Christman of the 2nd squadron Pandas was a comic-strip artist before the war and had sketched some charactertures of other AVG pilots. Chuck Baisden was also artistic and made some jewlery. I have a bolo tie Chuck made using the AVG logo. Thanks for sharing the jacket photo and if Bob has time maybe you can get him to share some thoughts on his relationship with the AVG.

Thanks for the input, I wasn't aware of those details. I will ask Bob to write up something after he receives his jacket and post it here.

a2jacketpatches

Last few days on this sale fellas, I'll be packing it up starting Tuesday and won't be right by my PC like usual, but the Ipone is a wonderful thing and I'll still get your stuff out promptly. Some new tigers are up along with a few other things. Remember not to buy through Ebay and give me the item# here, I'll end it, and invoice.

http://stores.ebay.com/a2jacketpatches

A

Anonymous

a2jacketpatches said:
Last few days on this sale fellas, I'll be packing it up starting Tuesday and won't be right by my PC like usual, but the Ipone is a wonderful thing and I'll still get your stuff out promptly. Some new tigers are up along with a few other things. Remember not to buy through Ebay and give me the item# here, I'll end it, and invoice.

Be careful, watch that bad back of yours.

a2jacketpatches

91stbombgroup said:
a2jacketpatches said:

Be careful, watch that bad back of yours.

Oh that was just an excuse to get out of spending the day with you.

CBI

I noticed your super discount sale a few days ago. excellent deals guys!!!!!