• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anj4

John Lever

What do you think ?
IMGP2193.jpg

John Lever

It's as good as my LW and ELC. The sheepskin is very solid with great colour. It's even got a proper zip. A Riri, much better than cheap repro Talons that don't work.

Tim P

right with you.
i am a huge fan of the RL repros. many are stitch for stitch copies using materials that outstrip those used by many top end repro makers who are in that business and that business alone.., some are just cool 'inspired by' jackets and pants.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
deeb7 said:
And they're expensive when new .... but there's some great deals on eBay. :)
You talkin' 'bout me ?

Ah well, John .... if the coat fits. :lol:

Actually, I got into the habit of watching them, after returning home with my too large, $895 + tax, AN-J-3 look-alike, from RL in South Coast.

I had never looked at any clothing on eBay before, and was horrified when I found them NWT, selling as low as $100.

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
deeb7 said:
And they're expensive when new .... but there's some great deals on eBay. :)
You talkin' 'bout me ?

Ah well, John .... if the coat fits. :lol:

Actually, I got into the habit of watching them, after returning home with my too large, $895 + tax, AN-J-3 look-alike, from RL in South Coast.

I had never looked at any clothing on eBay before, and was horrified when I found them NWT, selling as low as $100.

Hmm, I must go fishing with you then because this is what they sell for these days -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=022
£409 for a size M 40 is pretty cheap compared to £300 for an XL !!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Hmm, I must go fishing with you then because this is what they sell for these days -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=022
£409 for a size M 40 is pretty cheap compared to £300 for an XL !!

Yours was a great deal, John.

My jacket was an AN-J-3, though for some reason, RL called it an A-1. The AN-J4, your jacket, was closer to $2000 when new, and they, and the RL A-2's, bring the best prices.