• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anj4 no more

petermack09

This time it's for good, decided that this just didn't get nearly enough wear, even in the harshest winters. Plus it was far too restrictive and short to work on the hills with the dogs. Put it on the eastman classifieds and forgot about it. It's just been shipped to the new owner who was happy with the price. Now just got to resist the urge to replace it with another closet queen
IMG_20220804_211307.jpg
IMG_20220804_211201.jpg

B-Man2

This time it's for good, decided that this just didn't get nearly enough wear, even in the harshest winters. Plus it was far too restrictive and short to work on the hills with the dogs. Put it on the eastman classifieds and forgot about it. It's just been shipped to the new owner who was happy with the price. Now just got to resist the urge to replace it with another closet queenView attachment 82084View attachment 82083
What size was this one ?

John Lever

I bought an Aero last week then sent it back.
It has a BIN of 650 gbp, I offered 500 and won it. It was a short zip size 44 so was always going to be on the big side.
I returned it because the zip detail at the base was incorrect in some way, I think the leather was cut too short so fleece was visible. There were other minor areas of loose sewing. The fleece was also slightly grey coloured.
I suppose for 500 it was a bargain really though.

petermack09

Yip, I found they are great looking jackets but don't actually work for me in the lifestyle I have, dogs, climate, fields etc I have loads more jackets that are better suited.
Update, the anj4 has arrived with the new owner in Lerwick and he is delighted with it, only £16.45 from Glasgow to Lerwick is fantastic service from Royal mail,

Last edited:

John Lever

Yip, I found they are great looking jackets but don't actually work for me in the lifestyle I have, dogs, climate, fields etc I have loads more jackets that are better suited.
Update, the anj4 has arrived with the new owner in Lerwick and he is delighted with it, only £16.45 from Glasgow to Lerwick is fantastic service from Royal mail,
Which jacket is best for you .

petermack09

No, it was same jacket but I tried to put two pics on and in the confusion two ads went in. One was meant to be deleted but wasn't. As for what jacket works best for me, anything with usable pockets, waterproof, able to layer, long enough not to have your butt either freezing or soaked, and robust, the anj4 didn't do any of those so it had to go, nice jacket for a gentle stroll wearing a tee shirt I must admit, but since I don't do gentle strolls, and usually have a couple of exuberant dogs jumping at me it was never going to earn its keep.

petermack09

No a duffle coat wouldn't work either,, im wearing something lighter weight, goretex & breathable. Loads of pockets etc occasionally I have to remove some gear and hide it in fields and retrieve it on the way back. I've yet to meet anyone on the hills in a duffle coat. Lol I do like them though, but for heading to the pub.