• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And now the dogs bo**ocks two

John Lever

Two months on a boat and it has arrived...
IMG_7483.jpg

IMG_7484.jpg

IMG_7486.jpg

IMG_7488.jpg

IMG_7492.jpg

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7499.jpg

IMG_7500.jpg

IMG_7501.jpg

IMG_7490.jpg

Roughwear

I trust the jacket enjoyed the cruise! The fleece knocks the spots off the current production model. In which year do you think Eastman made it, John?

John Lever

It took two months to arrive due to an error made by Canada Post, not the seller. I am very happy that it made the journey by surface. I was sure it would get stolen, but I suppose once in a container[box] it was safe on board ship though containers do sometimes fall in to the sea.
I bought the jacket from Rick [Coanda] about 6 years ago, in fact it was the first Eastman RAF jacket I ever bought. Stupidly I sold it a couple of years later to Joel who wore it while rein-acting WW2 RCAF.
The condition is not as good as my other old Eastman but he materials are far far better IMO. Both jackets were made in the early nineties when Fenland supplied the skins.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
With all the wear, and washing, this one seems to be the best fit we've seen on you.

... and I'm wondering about these bo**ocks, are they what's left after the operation? :?

coanda

Well done John!!
Jackets I regret selling...... I guess fortunately there is probably no way I would fit into it ever again...
Enjoy..... oh and let me know if it is leaving you again.
Cheers
Rick

John Lever

This one will never ever be sold.
These early jackets seem to have very odd sizing. The 48 I sold to Cliff is only slightly bigger.

Andrew

Since it's a keeper John you should try to locate some original zips for it. That'd make it really special.

Falcon_52

I'm glad it finally arrived, John. It was well worth the wait, I'd say. Everything about that jacket is awesome - except maybe the elastic collar strap coming detached on one end. ;)

Noel

John Lever

Falcon_52 said:
I'm glad it finally arrived, John. It was well worth the wait, I'd say. Everything about that jacket is awesome - except maybe the elastic collar strap coming detached on one end. ;)

Noel
It was temporarily unhooked !

philip.ed

That is bleeding awesome. The best Eastman jacket I've ever seen! :eek:
nice to hear it finally arrived as well. Treat it well :cool:

Roughwear

Looking at this early jacket the belt loops appear to be a little wider than on the current production model. They remind me of those seen on Wareings jackets.

I agree with Andrew -all the jacket needs now is a set of original Dot or Lightning zips. It's a shame its no longer Irvin weather in the UK as I imagine John would be wearing it out and about!

Roughwear

It was 27 degrees earlier today in central London, but should be cooler tomorrow.

Have you asked Gary if they used Australian fleece for early RAF jackets?

John,

What a great jacket! Seems you finally got the one you've been lusting after! Glad you got this one back.

It really is gorgeous and I now can see what you've been referring to all this time.

Pity we can't just call Eastman and order one of these anymore. Seems to me that until another firm raises the stakes in the sheepskin realm (as John at Goodwear has done with the A2) and starts siphoning business from ELC, all our wishing and hoping will be unheard..

Until then.. John, enjoy the jacket.. Looks great and fits you very well.

Cheers,
Dan

John Lever

Roughwear said:
It was 27 degrees earlier today in central London, but should be cooler tomorrow.

I asked the tanner and yes they did use them. They are still available with a minimum order of 30 skins so if anyone is planning a small batch of jackets it might be worthwhile. One of Jon's jackets would look superb in this material.

Andrew

John Lever said:
Roughwear said:

I asked the tanner and yes they did use them. They are still available with a minimum order of 30 skins so if anyone is planning a small batch of jackets it might be worthwhile. One of Jon's jackets would look superb in this material.

Are you talking about a particular Tannery here? I was looking today and there appears to be quite a few options here but it all looks horribly overprocessed and clean. I suspect that's what the market asks for in Ugg boots and baby rugs and it'd be hard for them to get their heads around nice raw natural looking fleeces and that's just the inside. I see some of them offer what looks like undyed exteriors but that'd mean hand dyeing or polyacylate. Sounds all too hard but it might be worth asking for some samples.