• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And I thought 4K was a bit rich...

Skip

Not this guy again! He always advertises dramatically overpriced jackets, which for some reason don't sell, at least not at the listed prices.

at least not at the prices listed? Roughwear, have you seen/heard that they go for less?

You have to hand it to him, he's optimistic if nothing else!

Mate if I was back in the bushranger days I think they'd call this highway robbery, and if thats the case good old Ned would be rolling in his grave even with his body armour on :rolleyes:

What do you guys think the point is of these ridiculous prices? is he just hoping that some idiot with too much cash is going to waltz in and say I'll take that one? is this bloke even legit? Or is he just out posting for prestige points? showing off perhaps?

I'm not in any way as knowledgeable as some of you folks here, but even when I was green in the jacket sense, I would have thought this guy way looney. Its funny, when you first start out your looking at mall jackets in the hundred dollar range, as you appreciate the level of detail and the interest begins to soar, your upping the ante and so does the price, but so does your knowledge. So you start seeing dodgy brothers Inc. in all their many facets for what and who they are, and seek out the genuine bloke for the real deal. Like as if your going to wire that sort of money without lookin' at it first. In that sense, unless you're running drugs, you'll keep the blighter in view with a steely eye. It just doesn't make sense, it appears to be a lose/lose situation by keeping your kit at those prices.

An operation like that loses my trust quicker than a spent .50 cal shell. Had my rant, time for cuppa, Twinings anyone? ;)

Smithy

at least not at the prices listed? Roughwear, have you seen/heard that they go for less?

Mate if I was back in the bushranger days I think they'd call this highway robbery, and if thats the case good old Ned would be rolling in his grave even with his body armour on :rolleyes:

What do you guys think the point is of these ridiculous prices? is he just hoping that some idiot with too much cash is going to waltz in and say I'll take that one? is this bloke even legit? Or is he just out posting for prestige points? showing off perhaps?

I'm not in any way as knowledgeable as some of you folks here, but even when I was green in the jacket sense, I would have thought this guy way looney. Its funny, when you first start out your looking at mall jackets in the hundred dollar range, as you appreciate the level of detail and the interest begins to soar, your upping the ante and so does the price, but so does your knowledge. So you start seeing dodgy brothers Inc. in all their many facets for what and who they are, and seek out the genuine bloke for the real deal. Like as if your going to wire that sort of money without lookin' at it first. In that sense, unless you're running drugs, you'll keep the blighter in view with a steely eye. It just doesn't make sense, it appears to be a lose/lose situation by keeping your kit at those prices.

An operation like that loses my trust quicker than a spent .50 cal shell. Had my rant, time for cuppa, Twinings anyone? ;)

I think it's probably wishful thinking Skip. He's probably hoping for some cashed up chump to go for it. One of those poor saps who's just got interested in flying jackets and bids on anything and everything. Mind you at that price the sap would have to be a prize winning idiot of almost unequalled status.

It is funny what some people will pay though, a not terribly good repro Chapal A-2 is 3,000 euro so who knows.

Twinings mate? I've got a pot of Typhoo beside me at the mo which is hitting the spot :)

Silver Surfer

i have written about this seller and his prices, and have come to conclude that its just a matter of a poor currency conversion app. somehow when the seller decides on his price, his currency converter adds a zero or two,, maybe even three.

Roughwear

He is advertising jackets for others in Japan. If you look at his feedback none of these jackets go for the initial price and he has had very few sales of them during the last year.

Smithy

That's just mad. Whenever I see this sort of nonsense it always makes me think of this...

:D