• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AN6505 -1

Carl

Sorry to open a new thread on this subject .
But did someone say they were looking for an original one of these ??
Carl

Clark J

I had an early 45 couldn't give it away. Still have the original red line gas cans for it.

Pilot

The little gas bottles for inflating the vest blatters
Thx , but are they placed in the AN6505-1 ?
All mine WW2 pre 1945 issue only came with rubberized bags to protect some items from water....But happy to learn.

Clark J

Ok you have the 2 pull cords for the inflators,2 bottles of CO to inflate the blatters one in each of the silver screw top inflator mechanisms

Edward

Ok you have the 2 pull cords for the inflators,2 bottles of CO to inflate the blatters one in each of the silver screw top inflator mechanisms
I don't believe C02 cartridges were issued with the 6505-1 bag. if you threw your life vest into it then naturally you may have a box of C02 cartridges in there if you were able to procure more than the 2 issued for the vest itself but usually you only had the two already installed in the cartridge holders. I think we have crossed themed this thread!
so what would a typical 6505-1 bag have in it when you used it? parachute harness?, maybe your life vest, handy wipes? :p extra gloves, flak helmet, clean underwear? I figured you would already be wearing the parachute harness, life vest etc... oxygen masks were usually already on board stowed away so what are you carrying? I suppose if you had 6 hours of flight to kill before and after flying over the Third Reich you might want a little light reading with you....

Last edited:

Edward

that's a lot of haul! and no overhead compartment lol!
Crew_and_B-17G_Flying_Fortress_bomber.jpg
B-17G_Bomber_TRAIL_BLAZER_crew.jpg
b-17-crew.jpg
B-17_Bomber_TRAIL_BLAZER_crew.jpg

Officer Dibley

Well that was a bit condescending! LOL!

If only the response had been concerning the thread subject..... someone run out of Preparation H methinks :D Though not for me to criticise someone for terse comms as often guilty myself !

Carl, i asked on a different thread what the internal pockets would have been meant to carry and not a single expert piped up. In fact one person said "for stuff" as if the AF would design specific and differently sized pockets with no idea what they would carry. Why put them in then ?

I've never seen a dated one either.

Grant

Here's one of mine. Always dug the ones that were stenciled or painted and the late war Talon's and canvas cover are cool features. This one has some rips and tears and smells like an old attic but usually travels with me (much to my fiancé's annoyance). BTW, avoid the kit bags with Crown zips. The teeth are extremely fragile and break away easily.

KB1.jpg
KB2.jpg
KB3.jpg

Smithy

That's a ripper Grant.

That reminds me too, I have to get around and stencil my SoF knockoff AN6505-1 as I've been meaning to since last year.