• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AN-J-3 Acquired

Stony

I got this patched AN-J-3 at the Show of Shows this weekend. I've never had one before, so I was excited to finally get one. The cuffs and waist have been replaced as has the lining, but the zipper is original. I sent JC the pictures and he ID'd it as a Willis & Geiger. The good news is that it fits. Although 95% of the paint on the patch is gone, my patch guy ID'd it as VT-3.

full

full

full

full

Excuse what looks like some sort of white frosting on the pictures, but the jacket does not look like that in person. It's actually really nice.

johnwayne

Well done Stoney, did you have to pay over the odds or picked up a bargain? Not asking you to reveal all just hoping you got a good deal as I'm sure all here would like to do!

Stony

Size 42 is my guess as it fits me almost perfect.

I talked them down almost $150, so IMO I got a good deal. Without knowing the going price for an AN-J-3, I would have to consult my go to person to see if I got a good deal.

Technonut2112

Good catch! :cool: Not being your 'go to person', I would say that you got a STEAL compared to what I would be willing to pay for an original in similar condition in my size.. As it stands, I have to remain content with my Aero (external wind-flap like your original) and Gibson & Barnes AN-J-3 repros ;)(The G&B was custom-made into one (USN type) using their Historic M-422A back when they did that sort of thing, with a leather collar and added epaulets).

Grant

Congrats! Except for the patch and replaced lining/knits, looks identical to one I sold Gary years ago. What kind of zip does yours have?

Stony

The squadron patch is from VT-2....below is an image of it, but the example pictured is a new reproduction:

Thanks!

I couldn't remember if D.B. said VT-2 or VT-3.