• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An issue A-2 worn by a real Operator

MeachamLake

...and I work for the company that makes the Lift System for the F-35! We are all cogs in the machine :)

Gotta say, those modern A-2's look so blergh. That man deserves an Eastman...surely he can commandeer one of those F-35s for the afternoon to take it down to Ivybridge!

Officer Dibley

@Officer Dibley So you work for the British air force? That's pretty cool!

Actually i'm a Brit working directly for the USAF. The article is misleading and implies the investment is by the Brit Govt when actually the whole US F-35 program at Lakenheath - all $400 million - is US money.
The RAF is spending its' money putting 138 F-35B's at RAF Marham 25 miles up the road.
Dave

Thomas Koehle

Would give an arm and a leg for such a training - any „one legged / one arm“ able aircrafts known?

No joke - never had a chance coz my eyes are simply not good enuff (wearing glasses since I was 10)

raulm1961

I do not know who the contractor for the A2 is right now but my Saddlery/Copper A2 looks just like the Colonel's jacket. It's a great looking jacket and it's the real thing.

silvio76

I do not know who the contractor for the A2 is right now but my Saddlery/Copper A2 looks just like the Colonel's jacket. It's a great looking jacket and it's the real thing.
Todays contractor for a-2 and g-1 jackets is Excelled.

w1rc

Just as a coincidence I have a nice Cooper/Saddlery A-2 size 42S to sell so if anyone has an interest please contact me.

Officer Dibley

Ah, i see. Always happy to see a thread hijacked to promote a sale for the needy . Must start doing that myself. :cool:
Although "advert" rather than "advisory" would be a more appropriate word.
How many other threads are you advertising on ?