• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An extreme example- but the reality

ZuZu

This photo illustrates perfectly what you don't see in those set up crew photos with zipped up jackets. Tiny little upper bodies and big jackets. This example IS extreme- I'm also thinking that this particular crew had some weird collar treatment or possibly even a couple of theatre made jackets. Still- you get my jist...

DiamondDave

This photo illustrates perfectly what you don't see in those set up crew photos with zipped up jackets. Tiny little upper bodies and big jackets. This example IS extreme- I'm also thinking that this particular crew had some weird collar treatment or possibly even a couple of theatre made jackets. Still- you get my jist...

View attachment 27782

Jeff,

Point taken, but, for me the question now becomes, would anyone buy a jacket built like this, especially at our prices? Other than you perhaps, would anyone else want that? Asking for a friend.
DD

Skyhawk

Cool!

The three guys on the right all have A-2's that have big collars without snaps and Rivet 1920's-1930's zippers. Goldsmiths? The pockets are not visible...

-Jay

ZuZu

Jeff,

Point taken, but, for me the question now becomes, would anyone buy a jacket built like this, especially at our prices? Other than you perhaps, would anyone else want that? Asking for a friend.
DD

I would but you’re right that this extreme doesn’t fit today. I do like a jacket cut to WW2 proportions with lots of room. Like what that rapscallion supply Sargent would have handed me.

CoopDog

The photo would be of three crews (four officers per bomber crew)

Remember, as you can see, they wore their pants higher than most of us do. If you are wearing your jacket with jeans, you will want the jacket front to extend below your belt line by at least an inch

I personally like the bigger fit. I call it the “Bomber Fit” versus the “Fighter Pilot Fit.” But it’s just a matter of personal taste.