• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amelia Earhart - VLJ pinup girl

taikonaut

Hi John,
I tried emailing you but thought you might be away. Thanks for sending me the label it looks really good.

taikonaut

Speaking of pinup girl this female turned up at our party knees up in Liverpool on New Year's Eve 2007 she and her pals pestered me to have their photos taken. She is actress Sophia Myles and she appeared in a number of films including Underworld and the new Outlander, she is Dr Who David Tennent's girlfriend and appeared in the episode "the Girl in the Fireplace". It is the blonde girl on the right :cool:

http://www.pbase.com/shinsakuto/image/72881809

BTW The guy next to her back facing isnt wearing an Eastman :)

taikonaut

I have selected a model for Fifinella, some of you may be please to know this one have no problem going commando. :D
Hopefully she will become VLJ pinup girl, I will let you guys see the PG rated ones after the shoot.
My finance will take a dent not lease from hiring her but getting the props together was costly so if any forumite particularly from the UK got any stuff they can borrow that would be helpful (and recieve a portfolio of the restricted 18 ones). Who knows you can easily sell the gears afterward on ebay ;)

tamoko

I fond Amelia Earhart jacket is from Paul Mantz 1930

mantz6.jpg

1937 Amelia worn Mantz Jacket (Harry Manning with A-1)
mantz8.jpg

Link with many view of Mantz/Amelia Jacket

http://e-archives.lib.purdue.edu/cd...&CISOROOT=all&CISOSORT=descri|f&CISOSTART=1,1

zoomer

The "Mantz" jacket ("Earhart" in women's sizings) will be another of my offerings, then! :D

I remember reading Frank Tallman, Paul's business and flying partner, telling some great stories about the planes they flew and the movies they worked on...Paul was there at the very beginning.

I see Paul had the same A-O goggles I own...except the rubbers and strap on mine are shot :cry:...wonder where I can get replacements?

interbak

A little off topic. I received an email a couple of weeks back from the CVMG (Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group) looking for 1925 vintage bikes for use in this movie. Unfortunately my oldest bikes is a '65 Norton, so I'm out. Anyone here interested, drop me a line and I'll forward you the email. It pays $1500.00 a day, and your bike becomes a movie star!

Brian

taikonaut

What happen to the guy who posted on the old forum that he was involved in the production of this film?