• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amelia Earhart - VLJ pinup girl

ChuckO

This could be the VLJ pinup girl. Has this picture been posted before? It's an A1, right?
Here's a link to the page it comes from. There's another terrific picture there.
http://iwantigot.geekigirl.com/2007/05/17/i-want-127/

20070517_ameliaearhart2.jpg

Andrew

I think Zoomer posted it on the last site. From memory it's apparently a hybrid civil put together by her style minder hubby.

fortec five

For a moment, thought you may be referring to this Amelia Earnhart.

http://www.9news.com/company/bios/artic ... ryid=71877

Amelia Earhart - 9NEWS Sky 9 reporter

Amelia Earhart joined the 9NEWS team as the Sky 9 reporter in June of 2007. She reports from the air covering traffic and breaking news, while also keeping an eye out for interesting and beautiful views of Denver that she can share with the 9NEWS viewers.

Amelia's family has common ancestry with the original Amelia Earhart that can be traced back to the 1700's and is proud to be a namesake. Her parents, "wanted to give her a name that no one would ever forget." Being named after the world's most famous aviatrix gave Amelia the confidence to pursue many activities in high school and college, like debate, acting, forensics, and finally flying, a skill that Amelia is working on almost everyday.

Amelia studied English Literature at the University of Colorado at Boulder while also taking flight lessons at Centennial Airport.

Amelia began her broadcasting career at Newsradio 850 KOA as a part time traffic reporter while attending classes at CU. After three years of commuting from Boulder to the Denver Tech Center, she finally got a job closer to home. That job was as the 850 KOA helicopter traffic reporter, a job that was perfectly suited for her. It was always a dream to find a job that combined speaking and flying and this was the ideal combination.

During morning and afternoon rush hours, Amelia can be seen high above while reporting on 9NEWS and can be heard on 850 KOA. She loves her position in the front seat of Sky 9, right next to pilot Jimmy Negri.

Outside of work, Amelia spends time speaking to schools and meeting with anyone who is interested in pursuing any interest in aviation. In pursuit of her private license, She is taking flight lessons at Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport in a Cirrus SR-22. When at home in Boulder, Amelia spends time with her dog, Choppy and can rarely be seen without her camera slung around her neck.

Contact Amelia Earhart
[email protected]

taikonaut

Pinup girl? You are easily pleased. :lol:

I am planning on a shoot in a few weeks based on WASP mascot Fifinella. Probably more Vargas than Walt Disney and will include vintage gears. Speaking of which I am looking for female outfits to borrow for the shoot, if you want the model to wear your stuff and some photos to prove it then please get in touch. :idea:

John Lever

I wonder what happened to the member who was involved in the film about her ? Hope he's still here somewhere.

Milu

taikonaut said:

I am planning on a shoot in a few weeks based on WASP mascot Fifinella. Probably more Vargas than Walt Disney and will include vintage gears. Speaking of which I am looking for female outfits to borrow for the shoot, if you want the model to wear your stuff and some photos to prove it then please get in touch. :idea:

I hope you'll treat us all to some highlights of your shoot.

taikonaut

Milu said:
taikonaut said:

If you lend me some gears I can treat you more ;)

shanghai joe

Milu said:
taikonaut said:

pant.....pant.............awooooooooool

zoomer

Atticus said:
ChuckO said:

I don't know about Amelia Earhart as a pin-up girl. She still reminds me of Opie.
Some things haven't changed much since the 30s, I see...

I wanna know who is doing the leather for the movie. If it were period authentic, Hillary Swank could look totally hot. But I have the feeling some big name women's wear designer has first dibs, and will make it all look like something off the runway. And not the kind with planes.

Hamsterbear

I guess another Amelia Earhart movie is being made, with Hillary Swank in the lead, also starring Richard Gere (barf)... :mrgreen:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1129445/
I think Swank would look the part, like Susan Clark did in the 1976 version. Hopefully movies like this will raise the popularity of leather jackets again, like Tom Cruise did with the G-1 in "Top Gun".
-Brian

taikonaut

Hilary Swank looks like she had suffered a long illness to get the part :roll:
Whats happened to her 2 babies?

taikonaut

shanghai joe said:
Milu said:
taikonaut said:

pant.....pant.............awooooooooool

Want to help me hold the lights?