• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amelia Earhart Flight Jacket Reproduction - The Aviatrix

KM cowgirl

Hey guys, I have some preliminary photos to share of the Aviatrix. We are still finishing this one so the grommets have not been put into the zipper base yet. You may notice some details on this jacket that have not been included on past reproductions of this jacket. The most significant detail is the gusseted armpit design. The original had the gussets. They are hard to see in the photos of the original jacket, but if you look close they are there. I also procured NOS 1930's Casein buttons for this jacket, and it is topped off with the period correct reproduction Hookless zipper.
View attachment 2404
View attachment 2405
View attachment 2407
View attachment 2408 View attachment 2409 View attachment 2410 View attachment 2411 View attachment 2412
I want this soooo bad all you need is to put Amelia's name on it!

Skyhawk

We just finished this Men's version a few days ago for a customer:
IMG_20240320_080121402-Photoroom.png-Photoroom.png

IMG_20240320_110228604_HDR-Photoroom.png-Photoroom.png

IMG_20240320_080230088.jpg

IMG_20240320_110413999_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240320_080152579_HDR.jpg

Skyhawk

I am working with a customer who may purchase a cloth version of the ladies Aviatrix. It could be historically accurate as well because there is this photo that we have discussed previously:
Screenshot 2024-04-18 073900.jpg

Not only does it appear white, but also the way the folds are laying, it appears to be fabric. Especially on the forearm and armpit area. My thoughts is that it was white or cream color gabardine like her famous 99's jackets:
Screenshot 2024-04-18 074346.jpg

Skyhawk

I am leaning towards the idea that this cloth jacket she is wearing in the photo, was a prototype that Amelia made. She could have then sent it to Security to have them copy it in leather.

Another layer to this is the jacket that was in an Amelia museum exhibit. I can't track down the jacket unfortunately, maybe I will try again. It is somewhere for sure. It exists:
avaitrix-original.jpg

This jacket has the same Zip, and the exact same style of knits with the piping line on the waist and collar, as the cloth jacket in the photo:
Screenshot 2024-04-18 073900.jpg

Could this be the same jacket? I know the knits appear dark, but could that be an artifact of the monotone photo. In the folds of the knits, it almost appears that it could be a lighter color. Is the photo overexposed? She is in full sun. Could the jacket be cream gabardine with tan knits? Could it be the Museum jacket and the proto she sent to SAT? I had thought the museum jacket was suede or tan Cape but it is pretty smooth. Like fabric possibly.
avaitrix-original-Collar-1.jpg

Attachments

• avaitrix-original-button.jpg
    avaitrix-original-button.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 7

Nickb123

I am leaning towards the idea that this cloth jacket she is wearing in the photo, was a prototype that Amelia made. She could have then sent it to Security to have them copy it in leather.

Another layer to this is the jacket that was in an Amelia museum exhibit. I can't track down the jacket unfortunately, maybe I will try again. It is somewhere for sure. It exists:
View attachment 145665
This jacket has the same Zip, and the exact same style of knits with the piping line on the waist and collar, as the cloth jacket in the photo:
View attachment 145671
Could this be the same jacket? I know the knits appear dark, but could that be an artifact of the monotone photo. In the folds of the knits, it almost appears that it could be a lighter color. Is the photo overexposed? She is in full sun. Could the jacket be cream gabardine with tan knits? Could it be the Museum jacket and the proto she sent to SAT? I had thought the museum jacket was suede or tan Cape but it is pretty smooth. Like fabric possibly.
View attachment 145669
Did you see this? Looks like as of 2021 it was in Kansas

Members online

Latest posts