• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpha replica breaks the bank!

Atticus

JackiesTesters107.jpg

Fifty bucks---brand new from Closeout Pete.

AF

RudyN

Semi Hijack. Where can I get one of these jackets? I would like to have it for when I don't want to wear my A2.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
RudyN said:
Where can I get one of these jackets?

From eBay, and they're hard to find, I paid $125 for an almost new size 38. Closeoutpete charges $59.95, but all he has now are the smaller sizes in the B-15D MOD.

If you find one, a size down from your usual jacket size will fit.

Weasel_Loader

Pure scam!!! I've watched that seller for a long time on ebay and he knows vintage flight jackets! He hints that it might be original or it might just be a high end repro. I'm certain, there is NO original B-15C out there in that condition and he knows it. Sellers like that make me sick. :roll:

Tim P

I have a used one in a 42 (read 44) and a still wrapped 44 (read 46) which, as I have a buzz one, could be parted with.

Tim

A

Anonymous

The Alpha repro B-15C (NOT the Vintage Series- which aren't so hot) is pretty good except for the collar doesn't seem to sit right- it's too circular- just doesn't look right. The Buzz B-15C is much closer. The Alpha repro does have a good zipper like the one on Albert Turner B-15Cs the roundel's so/so, the nylon's nice and thick but not the same as that on originals- again the Buzz is better on this. I got one for $99 in 1999 and wore it alot- in 2004 I got a Buzz and found it to be an almost perfect match to my original Pritzker.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
rotenhahn said:
.... except for the collar doesn't seem to sit right- it's too circular- just doesn't look right.

Well crap! .... I'd never noticed that, and that's the one I've kept.

The B-15D (MOD)'s I sold because, without the collar, they wouldn't sit right round the neck. Kind of bunched up at the back, like a headless supermarket turkey.

Something was wrong with the way they joined the interlining with the knit collar, it felt like a thick folded edge between the layers. The Buzz MA-1 doesn't have the problem. (Buying a BR seems to be the stock cure for any Alpha issues).

Members online

Latest posts