• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpha N3b

petermack09

Thought I would get a knockabout warm jacket to use this winter when walking the dog.Bought a alpha 10 years or so in Costco,and was great for keeping toasty,plenty of pockets etc,ended up losing it during a house move so ordered a replacement and it came today.It was back in the wrapper and sent back to Militarykit within the hour,,It was like a cheap,poorly made anorak.Very thin & lightweight.A bugger that I had to pay for the return on a substandard item,but It wouldn’t have stood up to harsh Scottish winters.
Hopefully I will be able to pick up a vintage jacket that’s up to the job.Be grateful for any recommendations or heads up if any for sale,,

Heisenberg

buy this one from Bronson my friend ...
AB9D3FEA-1344-409B-BEBD-BEB1A4CC6BA2.jpeg

Kermit3D

I discover the N3b parka... don't laugh :rolleyes:... and like a lot this one.
I would like to learn more.
From what I read, they have been made since the mid-1950s. The first were made of waterproof wool, then later synthetic.
I searched a little on google but I find everything at all prices !
Where to find a vintage model in good condition ?

bn1966

I’ve seen plenty of N-3B’s on eBay, purchased an N-3A from the bay but found it far too hot even standing still on one of our coldest UK days, would have been great for Siberia....

Kermit3D

I’ve seen plenty of N-3B’s on eBay, purchased an N-3A from the bay but found it far too hot even standing still on one of our coldest UK days, would have been great for Siberia....

It's probably a bad idea to buy this parka and wear it in the south of France...

Griffon_301

My N3B is also from Alpha and about ten years old now... Still the warmest thing I own and great for walking my doggos...
Alpha jacket quality has dropped substantially over the years and it seems they have ended up being another urban hipster label pretending to be aviator stuff just to look cool...