• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpha/Brents/Weintraub nylon jackets question

FtrPlt

I picked up a Brents L-2A repro from a fellow VLJ member and noted the zips have Alpha-marked pullers. Along the same lines, Weintraub jackets appear to share the same, incorrect light blue nylon as the Alpha L-2A/B vintage series.

Does anyone know if Brents Sportswear and Weintraub nylon flight jackets are standalone designs, co-produced with/by Alpha, or simply rebadged Alpha jackets?

fishmeok

I think they may have been made in the same place, but for whatever reason the Brents and Weintraub use better materials, and in the case of the Brent's a much better color than the usual Alpha light blue. I have owned all three and the Brent's is the best, after that the Weintraub, and the standard Alpha Vintage series far behind.

Cheers
Mark

FtrPlt

I was thinking along the same lines although I've not seen any of the older, Alpha replica series jackets up close. Did Alpha make an L-2A replica series (not vintage series) back in the 1990s?

And I agree with you that the Brents uses a far better shade of dark blue than the other two.

Ian C

Do you see any Replica series MA1's about these days-I still wouldn't mind one in an XL?