• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpha A-2

T-Bolt

Regarding the Alpha "Heritage Collection"........

"Introducing a brand new collection by Alpha Industries. The Heritage collection is the most authentic replica sherpa jackets on the market today. We hope you enjoy reading the history of the Vintage B-7 and B-3 Sherpa and why these jackets are the most sought after."

Most authentic replica sherpa jackets on the market today......hhmmmm......Eastman, McCoys, and Aero.....WATCH OUT!!

Ted

Chandler

Nice spec tag, can you sell advertising on it?

The basic design of the jacket looks like Avirex; pocket position and flap shape. Whatever.

B-3 "vintage," with 2 pockets?

Chandler

A

Anonymous

Lets not be jacket snobs...ELC and Aero lay it on a bit thick. Alpha jackets cost a lot less than the big 3 or 4.

Chandler

wing nut said:
Alpha jackets cost a lot less than the big 3 or 4.

As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. At least as it goes to authenticity, anyway.

Chandler

A

Anonymous

I agree with you about ELC for the most part. Aero, not even in the running. My #1 is GoodWear by a mile. Buzz R. #2 and RMNZ #3. I was just pointing out new leather jackets (Alpha)that people might not have been aware of. Not generating a snob attack on top line jacket makers!! ;) But I could not help myself.

Chandler

wing nut said:
I was just pointing out new leather jackets (Alpha)that people might not have been aware of.

Yeah, but it's been going on since Avirex started making "authentic repros." They sucked me in too, and I just hate to think there are people out there believing this is the end-all in WW2 flight jacket reproductions.

Chandler

zoomer

Good rule of thumb: Anything advertised online as "authentic" with only one, small, nonclickable photo, probably isn't.

But that's the garmentos for ya. Too cagey by half.