• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Airbrush Jacket Art Heresy ?

442RCT

In WW2, I read that jacket artist used whatever medium/materials they had to paint jackets and patches. Varga girls were done in airbrush, so I'm thinking just maybe there were jacket artists in WW2 who may have done airbrushed jackets. I'm not knowledgeable enough about whether there were or weren't any airbrushed jackets, just that there could have been. Since I'm not in any way a purist about jacket art as I can admire any and all types of jacket art, from the mass produced Avirex screened prints to the highly detailed work of Jerome and pretty much everything in between.

I was surfing google for jacket art and found this person who uses airbrush to paint.
Jo Taylor http://www.jotaylor.uk.com/leathers_themes.html
Her pin-ups look pretty darned good, and if one of her jackets came up on e-Bay, depending on size, etc. I'd consider buying it. :roll:

CBI

Amazing how many folks do this. This person looks like he/she does a fine job. Lots of choices out there for jacket painting. For me, I simply can't convince my brain that its a real A-2 when the painting and jacket are in such mint condition. I don't need to see or want to see 60 years of wear but I need to see at least 50 missions worth. Excellent art though and congrats on Winns Warriors.

better duck

Nice work on that site. Funny thing with the bomb tally on the 452nd BG jacket: the bombs are upside down. Can't remember having seen that before on vintage jacket art. Anyone who did?