• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After 1 week of HARD WEAR...

airfrogusmc

The color is better than the first one I posted.

Check the grain and the wrinkles in that the sleeves are starting to get.

_MG_6278.jpg

_MG_6287.jpg

_MG_6284.jpg

_MG_6295.jpg

_MG_6293.jpg

_MG_6292.jpg

_MG_6290.jpg

_MG_6285.jpg

_MG_6294.jpg

_MG_6296.jpg

T-Bolt

Looking good, Allen......looking very good! I wonder what it will look like a year from today....very interesting. :cool:

Ted

Jason

Sensational Allen - looks like you've given it two years of solid use in just one week! Like Ted, I'd be interested to see how it comes along over the next year and see what develops...
Thanks for the photos Allen, they're the most compelling advertising JC could ever hope for!

Happy Hooligan

it looks fantastic!

I've always wondered how and it seems only good wear jackets have so much grain and no other jackets do? Since most of us didn't get a brand new A2 issued, did they come with so much grain or as it seems, the grain develops over time?

airfrogusmc

From what I've discovered is if it has grain it will always have grain and if it don't? well it don't.

John takes the time to find tanneries that have grainy hides.

better duck

Very impressive result. You must be exhausted!! :p
But really: very, very nice.
Can't wait to get my own GW goat Dubow in a couple of months time

airfrogusmc said:
From what I've discovered is if it has grain it will always have grain and if it don't? well it don't.

It looks fabulous Airfrog, and I agree on the grain either being there or it isn't. On my Aero Real Deal, I misted and crumpled the devil out it to give it some character and on some parts of the jacket the grain really popped out and on other area's it's still smooth as a baby's behind no matter how much it's abuse I've given it.

In a year you could probably pass off your Dubow as an original.

fedoralover

zoomer

airfrogusmc said:
John takes the time to find tanneries that have grainy hides.
You'd be surprised how difficult that is, too. The market for garment leather is dominated by a smooth, perfect look without "character." Be it oil-tanned cowhide or dressy black lambskin, most folks want it to be as even and flawless as fabric.

For example, until GW got going, that yummy Bonanza Mesa steer was considered suitable only for covering chairs, and I imagine it still is in the industry at large.