• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero's apparent fall from grace

I think Aero A-2's enjoyed “unbridled enthusiasm” several years ago because of the mismatched hide available on their Anniversary 15542 contract, and their jerky hide Real Deal. I remember the first time I handled a Real Deal 5+ years ago—I thought it was a quantum leap forward in repro authenticity when compared to the baby’s butt smooth leather Eastman was using at the time. I agree that their details and patterns are not quite right, but they are really well made jackets, and if you have the shoulders to fill out the pattern, an Aero can have “the look.” The consensus seems to be that GW is now the best repro on the market because John gets the leather and the patterns right—but when the RD came out, it was the bomb. Still a nice jacket. See Jason’s thread: Aero now and then: http://vintageleatherjackets.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1465

One other thought: before their jerky hide 15542 contract, Aeros did not have a good reputation. Marc Weinshanker's evaluation of an early Transatlantic Clothing Co. (Aero) A-2 is still posted on his website: http://www.acmedepot.com/a2jacket/eval_dir.shtml

stubbyeighth

A

Anonymous

Van:
Who asked you to make an "Aeros are great" comment?
Why not just add an insisting auto sig that states.."You are simply all fools unless you only purchase Goodwear...the most realistic WW2 replica A2". Would save explaining and re-explaining but have the same meaning. You could hit the "Reply" and quickly leave your message in every Repro thread or even right after all other silly repro brand consideration posts!!!!!

Wow! You really do get quite... emotional! Damned if I do and damned if I don't- well screw you pal- you want I go back on the War and Israel?

Vcruiser

rotenhahn said:
Van:
Who asked you to make an "Aeros are great" comment?
Why not just add an insisting auto sig that states.."You are simply all fools unless you only purchase Goodwear...the most realistic WW2 replica A2". Would save explaining and re-explaining but have the same meaning. You could hit the "Reply" and quickly leave your message in every Repro thread or even right after all other silly repro brand consideration posts!!!!!

Wow! You really do get quite... emotional! Damned if I do and damned if I don't- well screw you pal- you want I go back on the War and Israel?

Hell...just as the rest of us...you can post what you want. I think it's the insistance that no other opinions are really valid or hold near as much merit...if any...that gets old.
VB

A

Anonymous

Van:
I think it's the insistance that no other opinions are really valid or hold near as much merit...if any...that gets old

I stick to my guns- so can anyone else! Am I wrong in my arguments? Show me! Don't you remember the time Tranquility posted the picture of the original Aero with the uncovered snaps? Shut me right up! What could I say- proof's in the photo.
Just generalized praise of stuff that I don't think is right gets even more "old" -doesn't it? Doesn't everybody "insist" when they express an opinion? How many IMOs do you need in one of my posts? I use it all the time. I don't understand hostility toward anything that's not praise on a forum that's dedicated to vintage jackets and reproductions of such. Especially given the absurd amounts of money spent!