• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero

CBI

not sure which ones you mean? Thurston Brothers advertises a lot of their Aero jackets in that price range on the Bay. Aero makes very nice jackets. There's room for many makers. GW 's are awesome but perhaps some people don't want to wait a few years to get one or don't obsess/worry care about all of the many details. if you are referring to Thurston listings, they break down the pricing of the jacket in the listing to show exactly what you are paying for ie: jacket, leather upgrade, extra pocket, shipping, etc.

Pa12

Didn’t look that close. Never seen one in the flesh so I can’t comment on the quality. Surprised no one has grabbed that gw doniger. Too small for me.

Pa12

The collar and pockets don’t even remotely look like a rw. Looks like a 400 dollar jacket to me.

Ken at Aero Leather

Its been a while since I posted here, my attention was drawn to this thread by a friend, it was pointed out to me as "a suspected fraudulent Aero product being on ebay."
Firstly if the OP had bothered to read the text he'd have realised the seller was "Thurston Bros Rough Wear" (an official Aero stockist) and the prduct was NOT being sold as a Roughwear jacket
Aero have NEVER reproduced a single Roughwear A-2
A quick look at the labels of the jackets would show there is one Bronco and Two Aero repros, that is if the pockert shapes didn't immediately ID the jacket makers

Who on here can't recognise an Aero square pocket or a Bronco pocket?

Beats me how the OP can put a value on a product that, in his own words................

"Never seen one in the flesh so I can’t comment on the quality."

Mmmmm......So how can Pa12 put any valuation on our product, far less the insulting $400

Pa12

Its been a while since I posted here, my attention was drawn to this thread by a friend, it was pointed out to me as "a suspected fraudulent Aero product being on ebay."
Firstly if the OP had bothered to read the text he'd have realised the seller was "Thurston Bros Rough Wear" (an official Aero stockist) and the prduct was NOT being sold as a Roughwear jacket
A quick look at the labels of the jackets would show there is one Bronco and Two Aero repros, that is if the pockert shapes didn't immediately ID the jacket makers

Beats me how the OP can put a value on a product that, in his own words................

Mmmmm......So how can Pa12 put any valuation on our product, far less the insulting $400
well considering there are new members joining all the time I would guess there could be quite a few who don’t know the difference yet. I would also argue any mention of roughwear could be misleading to the same folks. No insult was intended. From what I’ve read here you make very good jackets.

mulceber

That's a rather aggressive hello after many months of silence - and in response to what was plainly a misunderstanding as well. Pa12 is relatively new here (joined in February, as you could tell from his profile) and was curious about an eBay seller. He didn't provide a link to their store, so several of us were unsure which seller he was referring to until CBI helpfully stepped in. Pa12's $400-valuation was obviously based on his confusion over Thurston including "Rough Wear" in their header and his ongoing suspicion that they were hocking fraudulent Aero products.

I think a more courteous response was warranted here.

Pa12

Just to be clear ken , any slagging inferred was not towards aero. Quite the opposite. Yo see, I’d been on your website and the prices seemed reasonable. That’s what drew me to the eBay ads. They were significantly higher prices then I saw on your website. And when I saw roughwear I started to think an eBay seller might be up to something dubious.

ButteMT61

I bought an A-2 from Thurston Bros and got it on Xmas eve, 2021. The Roughwear thing threw me too, and I've been here a while!
Their jackets (I've had 5+) are as well made as anyone's. The only gripe I have is higher arm pits on their A-2's which are very uncomfy for me. Now, if I were in better shape, it might remedy that. But the jacket is pretty much perfection to me. I think it was made by Gail as well, which means it's best of the best...