• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero trainee A-2

Dany McDonald

Hello,

Though I post some images of my Aero A-2 Apprentice. The jacket has very limited wear as we`ve had a heat wave since June and I decided it was not suitable for motorcycle riding. I went for a dull orange lining instead of the usual mustard for that contract. The leather is jerky grade 2 mismatch and that's what I really wanted as I tend to appreciate character in a jacket :rolleyes:.... It's starting to show a little wear here and there. The actual colors are lighter and less saturated than in the images.
And it's my first repro so be gentle...;)

Please fell free to comment on the fit and thoughts!

VLJ_48.jpg
VLJ_47.jpg

Attachments

• VLJ_49.jpg
    VLJ_49.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 360
  • VLJ_50.jpg
    VLJ_50.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 347
  • VLJ_51.jpg
    VLJ_51.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 356
  • VLJ_53.jpg
    VLJ_53.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 330
  • VLJ_58.jpg
    VLJ_58.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 333
  • VLJ_59.jpg
    VLJ_59.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 361
  • VLJ_921.jpg
    VLJ_921.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 398
  • VLJ_846.jpg
    VLJ_846.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:

Teddy

Thanks a lot for sharing Dany! Certainly a beautiful apprentice jacket and such perfect fit. Amazing on you!

Last edited:

Officer Dibley

Suits you Sir ! Thanks for sharing. It will only look even better with wear so please throw some more pics out once the weather breaks and you can wear it.

I'm waiting for a similar jerky mis-matched in russet. I'll post pics once i get it and as it gets some wear.

Persimmon

I like that colour.
Only reservation might be the sleeves are a little short. ( or will be as the creases makes them ride up further with wear and age. )
Of course this brings up the long complicated story of sleeve length in wartime !!!
Bottom line. Wear it. Enjoy it.

Greg Gale

I like that colour.
Only reservation might be the sleeves are a little short. ( or will be as the creases makes them ride up further with wear and age. )
Of course this brings up the long complicated story of sleeve length in wartime !!!
Bottom line. Wear it. Enjoy it.

I beg to differ. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the shortest I've seen in wartime photos, 10 being longest, I'd give this a 4. Even if creases develop eventually, he has plenty of room in the shoulders apparently to prevent too much ride-up.

Persimmon

I beg to differ. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the shortest I've seen in wartime photos, 10 being longest, I'd give this a 4. Even if creases develop eventually, he has plenty of room in the shoulders apparently to prevent too much ride-up.

Ha ha Greg
That’s hardly differing. You’re agreeing with me.

Brettafett

Good looking A-2! Looks like it fits you well... Will be interesting to see pics in 6 months time.
Will there be any sleeve-ride-up? Future pics will tell ;)
Wear the heck out of it!

Dany McDonald

Hi,

@ Ken, and by the way, thank you for the deal and for your patience sir! I am not zipper aware yet (except for cheap repro).

Yes sleeve are a bit short especially when reaching out... A-2's are not that sporty, compared to the G-1 by-swing! Overall it's a slim fit, and with time and wear it will feel nicer. There's actually no space left in the shoulders, hope shrinkage will not force me to put it on the sale list.

Thank you for your input, appreciated!

D

Brent

Good looking jacket, I like it. I remember being a size 38, okay I was never a 38, but that A-2 fits you well.

Regards,