• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero (Scotland) Redskin D-1, anyone got one ?

Officer Dibley

Thinking about getting myself and Aero Redskin D-1. Love the simplicity and cut of the jacket. The redskin on the eebsite looks gorgeous. But i’ve never heard of someone eho has one or had had one through their hands.
The B-3 i’ve had in the past but was too big, too heavy and restricted movement (for me - i know a lot of folk like them). I’ve no other experience of shearlings.
Any thoughts from actual experience anyone ?

Cheers
Dave

70E44F2B-429B-425D-BBEE-1A9EF801370A.jpeg

B-Man2

Thinking about getting myself and Aero Redskin D-1. Love the simplicity and cut of the jacket. The redskin on the eebsite looks gorgeous. But i’ve never heard of someone eho has one or had had one through their hands.
The B-3 i’ve had in the past but was too big, too heavy and restricted movement (for me - i know a lot of folk like them). I’ve no other experience of shearlings.
Any thoughts from actual experience anyone ?

Cheers
Dave

View attachment 20429
I’m not saying a word
( But I’m glad you decided to stick around;))

Lebensgefahr

Hi

I`ve got one and i love it, i bought it a few months ago. I have an Eastman Irvin and i had an ANJ-4 but after a while they made my shoulders ache and so i wanted something lighter. I bought an Aero Leathers D1 and Ken was good enough to accommodate my requests, single seam back, no arm seams and shorter arms. The jacket is beautifully made and the leather is a fantastic colour, i would thoroughly recommend one.

tjoenn

Hi

I`ve got one and i love it, i bought it a few months ago. I have an Eastman Irvin and i had an ANJ-4 but after a while they made my shoulders ache and so i wanted something lighter. I bought an Aero Leathers D1 and Ken was good enough to accommodate my requests, single seam back, no arm seams and shorter arms. The jacket is beautifully made and the leather is a fantastic colour, i would thoroughly recommend one.
Do you have some pictues of it? Would love to see them!

Grant

It'd be cool if Aero would shave the depth of the fleece on their D-1 to more closely emulate any one of the three original Aero D-1 contracts. I believe original D-1's were spec'd to have 1/4" depth fleece. IMHO the Aero D-1 fleece depth looks like something between a D-1/B-6 and a B3

Grant

Here's a pick of a beautifully preserved D-1 and matching B-1 to illustrate. Also the Aero D-1 looks like it tapers around down the waist, which make it look less D-1 like and more like a modern jacket. Just my opinion!

Aero.JPG

Mundele

I have had one for about ten years. Super lightweight and comfortable. The only criticism is that the pocket zips scratch your hands when your hands are in your pocket.
But as my Dad would have said - "Get your hands out of your pockets and shoulders back!" :)
Aero D1.jpg

Ken at Aero Leather

It'd be cool if Aero would shave the depth of the fleece on their D-1 to more closely emulate any one of the three original Aero D-1 contracts. I believe original D-1's were spec'd to have 1/4" depth fleece. IMHO the Aero D-1 fleece depth looks like something between a D-1/B-6 and a B3

New Shearling on order to match this

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=4266

Brown option should be in soon

Lebensgefahr

Here we go, as requested. As mentioned earlier, the waist does taper in a bit but i think that this is an improvement as it keeps the draughts out from round the waist and I'm probably in a minority here because for me the most important things are the build quality and the quality of the leather, personally i don't care if the jacket is correct to the "Nth" degree, so long as its close enough.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1bf.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1bf.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 403
  • fullsizeoutput_1c0.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1c0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 370