• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

aero sale

Silver Surfer

i just got an email from aero saying that they are offering a %25 off sale on in stock items. i reckon most will be smaller jackets, and the ones that arent moving. however, there might be a bargain in there for someone, and the aero gear is made by aero,, not farmed low end out asian stuff.

Smithy

Yes I got one too. I wonder who else will be offering discounts. Tough times all round in the retail trade.

I imagine there will be a LOT offering discounts and price cuts over the next wee while. This could be a very difficult time for jacket makers and especially for the higher priced companies. Most people hold off or stop buying high end, luxury goods in a serious crisis for obvious reasons.

mulceber

I imagine there will be a LOT offering discounts and price cuts over the next wee while.

Depends, I think. The crisis means less people want to buy jackets, but it also means the companies have more trouble getting the raw materials. I suspect Aero will be one of the few, since it has some stock items. Maybe ELC as well? Most of the companies that folks on here buy from will probably just try to weather the storm and hope they can stock up on supplies soon.

I really feel bad for Field Leathers though: just starting out his business as this crisis hits, AND half the leathers he stocks are Italian.

Smithy

Depends, I think. The crisis means less people want to buy jackets, but it also means the companies have more trouble getting the raw materials. I suspect Aero will be one of the few, since it has some stock items. Maybe ELC as well? Most of the companies that folks on here buy from will probably just try to weather the storm and hope they can stock up on supplies soon.

I really feel bad for Field Leathers though: just starting out his business as this crisis hits, AND half the leathers he stocks are Italian.

Sure it's the worse case scenario but the real problem is if this goes on for an extended length of time. If you have populations effectively in lockdown for several months on end, and the arse falls out of the global economy with the result being that businesses close and go bankrupt, people lose their jobs en masse, then the last thing people will buy are luxuries and things like high end leather jackets. Hopefully this is over in a couple of months because if it does go on a lot longer than that, then there might not be a lot of companies around at the end of it selling the kinds of repro jackets we talk about here everyday.