• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero russet goatskin a-2

A

Anonymous

That must be why Amanda (at Aero) said to me that they were pretty much fully booked up until Christmas. Overseas orders flooding back in just at the time the recession is biting over here !

Every cloud has a silver lining for someone.

Dave

blethook

Here are some pics of my 1756 A-2 in russet goatskin

swoose774 said:
Anybody have an Aero A-2 in russet goat? if so could you post a pic or two, i'm trying to get an idea of the colour. The exchange rate has become condusive to buying overseas products again. I contacted Aero but no reply yet.

This is actually a replacement jacket for my previous 1756 (in sealbrown goatskin) which did not fit very well. I did tell Amanda about the odd fit from day one but she told me to wear & break it in anyway to see if the fit improves once the leather softened, but unfortunately that didn't happen. So, to make the long story short, I got a replacement (brand new) 1756 A-2 jacket, finished in two weeks, FOC!!!

The jacket is not going to win any authenticity award but it is stunning, nevertheless...& I have to say it was a great customer service from Aero...

Note that there's a lot of red tone in the russet hide...
Shoulder-goatskindetails.jpg

Frontlaidflat.jpg

Below is a picture of it being worn to give you an idea about the fit, but the colour did not come out right...
FrontWorn001.jpg

Burnsie

Re: Here are some pics of my 1756 A-2 in russet goatskin

blethook said:

What a great looking hide - dramatic character in this pic - I love horse but this makes me think twice...very cool!

blethook

I've got JC's russet goatskin sample as well. Yes, it is VERY nice with very large/coarse pebbles. His goatskin is also thin & very supple, just like the original hide. In fact I've got a Bronco in russet G/S on order.

I think the fact that it's russet (lighter colour) it makes the character/grains on the hide more visible. I think the best Aero's goatskin hide I've seen to date was the stock they used on my AN-6552. It's thin & grainy just like the original. It needed very little breaking in...

I now notice (from my own photo) that the flap on the 1756 A-2 right pocket is not symmetrical (centred)...Oh well, must've been done in a hurry...

This is a 1756 A-2, so it's supposed to have the corresponding pocket design... Here's a pic of my 1938 Aero pocket. I think the design is a bit different

Aero1938_Pocket.jpg

blethook

I take it you received the hide sample from Aero? It's actually not as red as my pics showed, but yes there is a lot of red hue in it.

Which A-2 pattern did you get? I got mine (1756 A-2) with mid-brown knits as well, & the straw thread. I think russet goatskin with mid-brown knits & straw thread are a good combination.

The grain on mine continues develop all over the jacket, despite it being still quite stiff.

Hope you'll like yours!!