• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Owners?

C.J.

Hi, all. I'm hoping some of the Aero owners can help me out with this one. Do you find that the Aero A-2's color fades and that the jacket wears as well as some of the other high end repro companies like ELC and RMNZ do? I think that completes the look of an A-2. I had a A-2 from US Authentic that looked the very same after two years of wear as it did when brand new. Whereas, the Monarch I bought from HPA has some great scuff marks and fading in the color. I read that ELC/HPA aniline dyes a lot of their jackets and Aero uses a spray finish. I don't know if the two types would fade/patina and break in the same.

Thanks,

CBI

Aero A-2's have some of the nicest looks of all of the premium A-2's I have seen with some wear. It takes a while but the quality of the hourse hide is excellent and ages really well. Aero's have been a bit trashed on the site but I enjoy them as much as Goodwears and ELC. Aero's are just great looking classics jackets. I love my Real Deal A-2 and would recommend it 100%. Oh, its also a great buy.

C.J.

Thanks for the fast reply. If it isn't too much trouble, would you share a pic of it worn? I've been searching here and found some nice one's from Jason, but some others would certainly help.

Again, thank you.

Aero is my favorite repro,and Good Wear is my favorite time capsule of the past.

PictureRoughWear243.jpg

bseal

I own a Goodwear Aero 21996. Visit the Goodwear site. See that size 48" with the Air Force insignia (insert maniacal evil laugh here) . . .

MikeyB-17

The Real deals are made with a lightly sprayed surface colour with a pale hide underneath, and are designed to wear in quickly and develop patina. I had an Aero A-2 in their standard smooth russet horse which was bloody bulletproof-a year of hammering it produced very little in the way of patina-or grain.

Aero would not put a military tag on Front Quarter Horse Hide.It has the cut of a 15142-P contract with a private label.I love this HH as well.Thanks, Todd

C.J.

Can anyone confirm the difference in the color/shade of seal brown used on the Anniversary 42-15142-P and the Real Deal? On the old AeroUSA website they appear to be two totally different shades of brown. I really like the color of the Anniversary.

Anniversary 42-15142-P in Seal HH
AeroAnniversary15142A-2--SealJerkyH.jpg

Real Deal in Seal HH
AeroRealDealA-2--SealJerky.jpg

CBI

that looks like the correct color for the Real Deal. Pretty dark and GREAT!!!!!! I love GW, ELC and Aero, glad to see some good photos and some "play" about Aeros as they are excellent jackets. As you can see from the owner photos, wear adds quite a bit to their wonderful look. Go quality A-2 repros, glad there are some fine options out there.

ties70

Here are some different shades of seal brown HH:

First comes a typical shade for a Real Deal.
The jacket is 5 years old and features the darker colour with reddish undertones...

aero.jpg

Here is a comparison between a RMNZ RW, an Aero Real Deal and a RMNZ Dubow:

aafcpl.jpg

Regards,

Ties

MikeyB-17

C.J. said:
Can anyone confirm the difference in the color/shade of seal brown used on the Anniversary 42-15142-P and the Real Deal? On the old AeroUSA website they appear to be two totally different shades of brown. I really like the color of the Anniversary.

Should theoretically be the same stuff-AFAIK the only difference between the Real Deal and the Anniversary was that the Real Deal was made with the rougher, unmatched, scarred, 'jerky' and generally less pristine hides, whereas the Anniversary was the more select version without all the 'imperfections'.

C.J.

MikeyB-17 said:
C.J. said:

Should theoretically be the same stuff-AFAIK the only difference between the Real Deal and the Anniversary was that the Real Deal was made with the rougher, unmatched, scarred, 'jerky' and generally less pristine hides, whereas the Anniversary was the more select version without all the 'imperfections'.

I thought the same thing. But, they do look quite a bit different. I'd be happy if the 15142 was the shade shown in the photo.

C.J.

ties70 said:
Here are some different shades of seal brown HH:

First comes a typical shade for a Real Deal.
The jacket is 5 years old and features the darker colour with reddish undertones...

aero.jpg

Here is a comparison between a RMNZ RW, an Aero Real Deal and a RMNZ Dubow:

aafcpl.jpg

Regards,

Ties

Ties,
That RW is a beauty!!! Is that a 27752?