• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Massive One Week Sale Starting 22nd October

dav3469

Stayed up late waiting for the go live..... jumped on the '48 A2... waiting to see if I was quick enough....

B-Man2

Stayed up late waiting for the go live..... jumped on the '48 A2... waiting to see if I was quick enough....
Was it the battered steer 48?
Didn't see any in horse.
A bunch of nice size 42's but 46 and 48 A2's were limited.

zoomer

I grabbed a steer A-2 in 46 because I liked the look of the hide on the Goldsmith test jacket.

Smart move, changing the faux spec number from 42-11018 to 42-1108...didn't ring a bell in my mind at all! Reminds me of the various Werber/Kramer interests incorporating under different names for different contracts. (If it really does come with that whitish label I will be replacing it with the spec label from my Indian goat 11018.)

There was nothing else in my size I could use...at least not that I could find.

Last edited:

dav3469

Nicely done. Would have had that myself if I could have afforded it currently!

I am looking forward to the jacket..... It has been many years since I had an A2. The "Golden Fleece" A2 that I got at the local surplus store as an Xmas present 36 years ago(the choice was my H.S. Letterman Jacket or the Flight Jacket-Football Letter went on the shelf) is a pass on for my grandkids as I just can't swing a 42 anymore.....

However, when I placed the order at 0200ish this morning, I made a mistake on the card security number....so if anyone is interested in the 48 it will go back up on their page if my correction email isn't viewed by tomorrow morning.

dav3469

Was it the battered steer 48?
Didn't see any in horse.
A bunch of nice size 42's but 46 and 48 A2's were limited.

Yes, I thought the price was reasonable compared to the normal options... Great way to get back into an A2 after so many years....

zoomer

For those wondering, it's what Ken's prototype Goldsmith A-2 was made out of.
1931Front2000.jpg

Last edited:

Tommy

Was a lovely 1930s Half Belt at £300 used, I ummed and erred about, but I had a lot of expense the last month and apprentice versions do seem to regularly come up for about £150 more?