• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Leather is only a Business...

tefouane

I come here to explain my unfortunate adventure with Aero Leather. I have ordered two jackets, 1 in August and 1 in September. The order of August was fully paid and I have paid a deposit on the order of September. During the month of October I had a car accident (I hit a deer). my car is wreck and I have to buy a new one. I contact Ken and Holly to ask them to cancel these 2 orders because I need this money to buy a new car. they agree to refund me the fully paid order. however they refuse to return me the 230 euros of the deposit of the second. I find it purely shabby because I have a vital need for this money and the jacket has not even been started. For them it is only a commercial (and human) gesture and they refuse to do it. I have already owned more than 6 Aero jackets and have always defended their products. I find this kind of behavior pitiful as I promised Ken to place a new order as soon as my financial situation would allow. this situation is exceptional and Aero could have made an exception. Personally for me Aero it's over ....

petermack09

I’m glad to hear that it’s only damage to your car and your doing ok,,hitting deer is a real problem here and I have saw many serious injuries due to these big buggers .Hope you get the deposit sorted .

tefouane

I’m glad to hear that it’s only damage to your car and your doing ok,,hitting deer is a real problem here and I have saw many serious injuries due to these big buggers .Hope you get the deposit sorted .
Thanks for these kind words. Unfortunately no refund. Absolute silence from them....

stanier

Deeply unfortunate event and one those interesting challenges life hurls at us all from time to time. Huge sympathy and I hope you get sorted soon.

However I agree with Steve and I too am not clear why Aero should refund the deposit. I think they’ve done well to refund all of the first order. Surely the point of a deposit is a generally non-refundable amount indicating commitment, and you lose it in the event of cancellation. Could you ask if you can push back the jacket until you’re in a better position to pay for it on completion? Maybe that would be a way forward? I’m not sure the forum is the best place to share such matters. I’ve got something on order for completion in May 2020 (nothing to do with Aero) and I put a $300 deposit down which I fully expect to lose if I cancel but I wouldn’t blame the vendor. I went in with my eyes open and it’s down to me to manage the commitment for my side of the contract. Isn’t it?

Last edited:

ausreenactor

I think that Aero have done you a solid. Did you read all the conditions when you placed the order? A hide could have been ordered from an external supplier just for your jacket?

Like the post above. Put it on hold?

jeremiah

Ask them to keep the deposit on your jacket and pay for it when you can. This way you still keep your deposit in a manner of speaking and it goes to your next jacket.
sorry about the deer damage, that stinks, but could have been worse for sure.
Did you not have insurance?

Steve27752

Simply because the jacket was not in production yet. Aero has had no expenses and my situation is exceptionnal...
It's not exceptional, you were in a collision, unfortunatly it happens. They refunded the other order. I would not have dreamt of asking for a refund unless they owned the deer.
I hit a pigeon driving through Windsor great Park and it broke my number plate;-). Should I sue the Queen? Go through your insurance company.

petermack09

This is just my opinion & I’m not knocking Aero .i Have been to the factory on many occasions,been measured up and always had an enjoyable experience,,
However I do think that if Aero have suffered no financial losses,have not ordered any special hard wear for this particular jacket ,return the deposit & move along to the next jacket in the line & then have two happy customers who may return to buy more items in the future.And Aeros reputation is further enhanced.
I’ve had only one issue with aero recently that in my view wasn’t handled well, but it wouldn’t stop me buying from them again,,they are nice people who make a great product ,regards Peter

tefouane

It's not exceptional, you were in a collision, unfortunatly it happens. They refunded the other order. I would not have dreamt of asking for a refund unless they owned the deer.
I hit a pigeon driving through Windsor great Park and it broke my number plate;-). Should I sue the Queen? Go through your insurance company.
if you are rich enough to skip 230 euros so much better for you. I am not. there is a big difference between the price of a license plate and a new car. I would be curious to see the reaction of the good thinkers and the donors of lessons if they were in my situation...

petermack09

Insurance?
That’s a couple of times you have said “insurance “
Like that solves all your financial issues following an accident,,
Personally I have claimed insurance twice during 45 years ,,each time I was left financially way out of pocket.
The issue is the fact of the deposit not being returned when there is no loss or hardship to the company,,if there is a financial loss then sort it with the customer.

Smithy

Whilst it's obviously within their legal rights and in their terms and conditions I can see it from the other side and in relation to someone who has been a very supportive customer in terms of putting business their way. If the jacket hasn't been started/made and it hasn't cost Aero a cent/penny then it probably would have been better to waive it and refund the deposit.

End result would have been one very happy, loyal customer who remains so and tells all and sundry about it, so good PR, and once he'd sorted his financial woes out would have come back and put even more money the business' way.

Sometimes it's not always the best outcome to do everything to the exact letter of the law or to the fine print.

Steve27752

That’s a couple of times you have said “insurance “
Like that solves all your financial issues following an accident,,
Personally I have claimed insurance twice during 45 years ,,each time I was left financially way out of pocket.
The issue is the fact of the deposit not being returned when there is no loss or hardship to the company,,if there is a financial loss then sort it with the customer.
Other than to repeat, the full amount for the other order was apparently refunded in FULL! I do not see why it is down to the supplier of a jacket to pay more.
The other money may have been needed by the supplier for something else.
It's just this day and age thing.
Everyone owes us something!
Other than that I am not going to bother, it's a waste of oxygen.