• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero leather Irvins.

s4rmark

Hi all,

Can anybody telll me the measurements for Aero leathers pre war Irvin jackets, sizes 40 and 42 please.
I’m quite keen to make one my next purchase.

Ken at Aero Leather

I think I saw that request being passed around today
Christine is in the office and is probably waiting for advice as the pit to pit is of little use without knowing the thickness and density of the shearling soit's not on our charts. The two lads who make our sheepskins also cut their own work so they can make allowances bearing in mind the internal pile. That way using the customer's chest measurement we can get the fit correct using that measurement as "the size" ie 40" chest, order a 40" etc
The standard Sleeve and back are as follows (but can be adjusted if requested in relationship to height, we work as average height being 5'11")
40” sleeve 25..25 Back 25
42” sleeve 25.75 Back 25.5

Officer Dibley

Ken, you mean you don't pay several folks to sit around waiting for emails so they can pounce and respond immediately ...? Wassupwithyerman ? :D

s4rmark

Thanks ken, I’m sorry for being so impatient! I’ll send my measurements with the order and await your advice.

s4rmark

5352739A-5118-4C80-9F08-472FA96A72F6.jpeg
Well, the Aero pre war Irvin arrived today. My first impressions are that it is very well made and the sheepskin is soft and supple which will require almost no breaking in. Quite a light jacket and very comfortable to wear compared to the USAAF jackets (B6 excepted ) imo. I ordered a size 42 going by Aero’s measurements but could have easily got into a 40, but these jackets appear to be worn “roomy”. Overall a great jacket that I am pleased to own and I’m sure it’ll get a lot of wear , especially with the colder weather on its way. Now I need the sweater to go with it!. A big thankyou to all at Aero Leather.

B-Man2

View attachment 11744 Well, the Aero pre war Irvin arrived today. My first impressions are that it is very well made and the sheepskin is soft and supple which will require almost no breaking in. Quite a light jacket and very comfortable to wear compared to the USAAF jackets (B6 excepted ) imo. I ordered a size 42 going by Aero’s measurements but could have easily got into a 40, but these jackets appear to be worn “roomy”. Overall a great jacket that I am pleased to own and I’m sure it’ll get a lot of wear , especially with the colder weather on its way. Now I need the sweater to go with it!. A big thankyou to all at Aero Leather.
Looks good!
Nice job Ken.

Ken at Aero Leather

View attachment 11744 Well, the Aero pre war Irvin arrived today. My first impressions are that it is very well made SNIP A big thankyou to all at Aero Leather.

Hi s4rmark

Glad to hear you are happy with your jacket, could you do one favour for me? Take a look at the swing ticket and let me know who made your jacket so I can pass on the link to this thread to the machinist. We like to let our machinists know when we hear the customer is pleased with their work.

Ken

Otter

I think they nailed the pile on that fleece ! Nice one. :)

Ken, you mean some people don't like them ?

Edit : Is that a wee stifiner stitched into the pull tab ?

Ken at Aero Leather

I think they nailed the pile on that fleece ! Nice one. :)

Ken, you mean some people don't like them ?

Edit : Is that a wee stifiner stitched into the pull tab ?

Don't know why but I doubt if even 10% of our customers "Thank" the machinist.
On the other hand repeat customers often ask if "Enter Machinist's name" can make my next jacket . So they do notice

Good eyesight re the mini Scottish St Bernard :)

Otter

I was looking closely st the zip as the Waldes is on my wish list. Will order a C/C Irvin in about June time.