• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Jacket Arrival

ChuckO

Those are really cool jacket's. I especially like that Highwayman. I've been watching a lot of "The Wild One" lately and that has me thinking maybe a highwayman in black.

How long was the wait?

bobjones

Hi Van. As I said over on TFL, great jacket, perfect fit.

When I spoke with Will at the time of ordering my Hwyman a few months back, he said as an option "they had found some very old FQHH that was about 9 years old, down in the basement." He also said it was darker than the current regular brown - was this what you had ordered, or did you go with the regular brown?

Vcruiser

bobjones said:
Hi Van. As I said over on TFL, great jacket, perfect fit.

When I spoke with Will at the time of ordering my Hwyman a few months back, he said as an option "they had found some very old FQHH that was about 9 years old, down in the basement." He also said it was darker than the current regular brown - was this what you had ordered, or did you go with the regular brown?

Hi Bob
No..I just ordered their regular brown FQHH.
I'm going to try and post some pics in the next few days of how the jacket is breaking in after only a few days of wear. I think that it looks much better already.
Van

Vcruiser

Pics of a few days of some wear..and water spray. The heavy HH is beginning to relax and shape somewhat.......

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Van

hacker

Vcruiser said:
Pics of a few days of .............. water spray ......

Van

Is that what they call rain in Hoosierland? :p

Lookin good!

Poppi (yeah, pics, I know, workin on it ;) )

Vcruiser

Just received my CC statement. 3% "Foreign Transaction Fee Finance Charge"...on top of Aero jacket charge..and duty cost. CC company states that this charge is incurred on any out of country(USA)purchases. I've NEVER payed this charge before. Anyone else familar with this BS..??
Van

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Vcruiser said:
I've NEVER payed this charge before. Anyone else familar with this BS..??

Van, you have probably been paying it all along, it is built into the conversion rate, and 3% is usual. All that's new is the disclosure statement.

Here the banks were prosecuted for concealing the charge, and our cards were eventually credited with some of the fees.

Vcruiser

deeb7 said:
Vcruiser said:

Van, you have probably been paying it all along, it is built into the conversion rate, and 3% is usual. All that's new is the disclosure statement.

Here the banks were prosecuted for concealing the charge, and our cards were eventually credited with some of the fees.

Yes...now that you mentioned it..I remember listing some overseas item costs on a form for a lawsuit of some kind for the same thing a year or so ago. Never received a check or refund. Must check past CC statements to see if I was ever credited...but don't think so
Thanks,David.
Van

hacker

Vcruiser said:
deeb7 said:
Vcruiser said:

Yes...now that you mentioned it..I remember listing some overseas item costs on a form for a lawsuit of some kind for the same thing a year or so ago. Never received a check or refund. Must check past CC statements to see if I was ever credited...but don't think so
Thanks,David.
Van

That 3% is kinda recent with many card companies, one of my cards has no fee, some others are 2 or 3%.They all vary and many companies decided to get in their changes before the anointed one started dictating how to run the credit card business.....expect to see a more changes as C.C. companies get in before the deadline.

Hacker

Vcruiser

hacker said:
deeb7 said:
Vcruiser said:

Thanks,David.
Van

That 3% is kinda recent with many card companies, one of my cards has no fee, some others are 2 or 3%.They all vary and many companies decided to get in their changes before the anointed one started dictating how to run the credit card business.....expect to see a more changes as C.C. companies get in before the deadline.

Hacker

Yeah...and even after the "Deadline"..watch the CC Co.s add or raise much higher annual fees...and stop or revise other services(Air miles,etc). We are always the ones who end up paying in the end,Hacker.....no matter what they may say....
VB

hacker

deeb7 said:
hacker said:
That 3% is kinda recent with many card companies ...

Are you sure, Hacker? ;)

The majority of banks have been charging it all along ... it was just difficult to spot when hidden in the conversion. It's the telling you about it that's recent.

Here's a recent article from creditcards.com, with more detail ...

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card- ... s-1276.php

Without getting into which cards I have...too many!.......two do not have foreign transaction fees....and one just raised itself to the 3% from 2%.......obviously I only use one with no fees when I travel outside the U.S.......it is true that some C.C. companies are raising interest rates now to avoid the B.S. that just got dumped on them, just got a notice from one a few days back.....and as Van said those who pay on time and have no credit problems will as usual get screwed and pay more in fees or lost benefits to cover those who can't handle their finances........

Hacker