• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero is this a repro or an original

saucerfiend

Probably owned by a VERY large desk clerk. I had a Star A-2 in size 48 in very much the same shape. May be Burt, {the guy I sold it to}, can post a few pics to compare condition.

Brian

Ken at Aero Leather

The way the collar has creased is a dead give away, something to do with the original packing I imagine, so many 1942 Aero A-2s have the same strange creases

Clark J

If that P-P measurement is correct hell that's way to big for just about everone. How about Ken what would that be sized ?, 50

Ken at Aero Leather

Based on how we priced A-2 in The Thrift Shop (Add 10% for each size up)
A size 52" in the same nick as good £300 38" would have been priced at £765, I do recall selling an unpatched 48" for about £700, I don't remember us having any bigger A-2
A good A-2 in an average size with insignia and provenance would have been in the £600 region at the same time.... 1982-3

johnwayne

Very low starting price, why so, to grab our attention? Yes interested to see what it goes for as has been said.