• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Irvin Sizing

klaus28

Hi all,

I'm considering the purchase of a (second hand) Aero Leather Irvin and due to being unable to try it on, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the sizing.

I am a 38" chest, tall, and wear a 38 Eastman A2 Slender Model (no real room for anything other than a t-shirt or thin jumper.) I also wear an old Schott Perfecto which is a 40" which I wear comfortably.

The Irvin is a 40" with standard body. Do you think this will be the right fit or will I be completely swamped by it? I've read a few things about sizing up if you're unsure as it's closer to an authentic fit.

Many thanks for your help.

s4rmark

Hi, Aero had a size 40 Irvin on their sales page, here are the measurements.

Pit to pit 22.5
Sleeve 25.25
Back 25
Shoulder to shoulder 18.75

All measurements in inches, hope this helps and by the way they are really nice jackets and look better (IMO) one size larger.

klaus28

Hi, Aero had a size 40 Irvin on their sales page, here are the measurements.

Pit to pit 22.5
Sleeve 25.25
Back 25
Shoulder to shoulder 18.75

All measurements in inches, hope this helps and by the way they are really nice jackets and look better (IMO) one size larger.

That really helps, thank you. It will be a slightly roomier fit than my A2 (which is very trim!) but I think that's the way it should be, personally...