• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero fit pics! Do B-3 sleeves shrink?!?

Showerfan

Anybody know how much B-3 sleeves will shrink or shorten up with wear? I ask because I just got a new Aero 42-22899-P fresh from Galashiels! She’s a beauty and fits damn near perfectly.

If it stays this way forever, I’ll be chuffed. But if the sleeves are going to climb up my wrists over time, like they would on an A-2 or a Highwayman, I’d rather send it back now for a few extra CM in additional arm length.

What do you think?

1BDB7ED8-802E-4B08-8332-D1FEC880D5FD.jpeg

3240704D-D630-4C18-9CB6-B8284ADF75C4.jpeg

9866B0A2-14EA-47A4-BFB7-9290146A6C6E.jpeg

B-Man2

Well..... that’s a bit of a tough call. The jacket looks good on you now and if it were any longer, I don’t think you’d be happy with it. It may wrinkle up over the years , but it’s a b-3, even if you lived in the Artic circle like Smithy does , how many times a year can you wear it? 15 or 20? it certainly won’t wrinkle up for years.
Second point Fleece lined jackets Don’t wrinkle up like 2 -3 oz Horsehide jackets because the thick fleece lining prevents that . So to answer your question .... In my opinion you’ll be fine with what you have.

Showerfan

Yeah I think you might be right. Any longer than an extra cm or two would be too much. I wear gauntlet gloves when I ride and that sucks when the sleeves are too long.

I have to say I’m really impressed with the quality of this jacket and the job Holly and Christine did taking my measurements! Will be ordering more from Aero for sure.

Showerfan

Cool! I did not know that! In any case I love it now. Will post more pics tomorrow, off the model ;)

As to @B-Man2 ’s other point, I do think the Berlin climate is well suited to the warmth of a B-3. Especially as I plan to wear it riding — its bulk is perfect over my Dainese airbag-vest, as well.

B-Man2

Cool! I did not know that! In any case I love it now. Will post more pics tomorrow, off the model ;)

As to @B-Man2 ’s other point, I do think the Berlin climate is well suited to the warmth of a B-3. Especially as I plan to wear it riding — its bulk is perfect over my Dainese airbag-vest, as well.
I’m a longtime motorcycle rider, so it’s always good to exchange thoughts with a brother biker. While I love the B-3 and more so the Irvin , I would be concerned about wearing one if you ride everyday. When you ride a bike consistently on a daily basis, the probability increases that one day, through no fault of your own , you just might experience “a close up and personal” relationship with the ground, concrete or tarmac roadway . If that unfortunate occurrence were to happen I don’t think that sheepskin would do much to protect you from road rash as the hide is somewhat fragile and once it starts to tear apart it disintegrates fairly quickly . I’ve always worn heavy duty cowhide, as have all of my friends , and those who have hit the ground we’re glad that they went with heavy duty cowhide jackets and chaps or pants .
Once again just my opinion.

MikeyB-17

Nah. My Aero B-3 is over ten years old, and the sleeves haven’t ridden up at all. Have to say I agree with Burt about wearing it on the bike. I know they feel impregnable because they’re so bulky, but I think think contact with tarmac at any speed will tear it to shreds. Nice jacket, and I think you’ll find it probably will stay like that forever.