• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Barnstomer (photos for Thomas)

Smithy

Here's some snaps of my Aero Barnstormer for Thomas who is thinking about picking one of these up.

Mine is CXL FQHH in brown with the cotton drill lining. I love this coat and wear it a lot over spring and autumn here as it's brilliant in bad weather with a thick jumper. They are very practical coats and obviously have a very WWI/interwar aviator style to them without the cumbersome nature of a full length flying coat like a Burfron. CXL FQHH is IMHO simply one of the most beautiful leathers in the world, and is the only leather to get one of these in.

And Thomas I hope the photos help in your decision! Apologies also, a couple of them are slightly out focus.

As always click on the pics for larger...

xWuzGun.jpg

5ggNxs6.jpg

DFjB1zu.jpg

GjFKOpI.jpg

aqxI4sx.jpg

9nkI8M5.jpg

Smithy

Thanks Steve. They're handsome coats, my wife says out of all my leather jackets it's the most "dashing" which I take to be quite a large positive!

Thomas Koehle

Thank you for the effort

I especially like the chromexxel stuff from AERO coz it feels sturdy and looks top notch classy

The cut is exactly what i’m after

How do those buttons react when closing them to fight through the thick-leather button holes

Smithy

Thank you for the effort

I especially like the chromexxel stuff from AERO coz it feels sturdy and looks top notch classy

The cut is exactly what i’m after

How do those buttons react when closing them to fight through the thick-leather button holes

No problem Thomas happy to help!

No drama buttoning it up and boy oh boy are those buttons stitched on well! Obviously when you're dealing with something like Horween FQHH they need to be stitched on really well and Aero have done an amazing job.

Smithy

Gorgeous jacket. I’ve eyed getting one of them in the past. I’d love to see some fit pics.;)

Here you go. These are actually from back in 2013 when I got it. Worn over an old vintage rugby jersey and in a slightly warmer than here, Melbourne ;-)

sxyeoM5.png

Y2l9zsh.png

One great thing about these is that you can take the belt off and wear it without. I tend to do a bit of both with it. Often worn with my Royal Flying Corps scarf unsurprisingly!

Smithy

They're obviously pretty good at it because these haven't gone loose and felt like they're about to fall off at all. Very impressive considering the heft of the HH.

B-Man2

Great photos Tim!!
Just to back up what Tim has said about this jacket, I purchased a used black one from CBI on this forum. The jacket is awesome, it does have some hefty weight to it, but it’s great for cold weather and it looks great as a dress up overcoat.

Smithy

My halfbelt is size 46 - wondering whether I should size up when ordering????

I'd give your body measurements to the fellas at Aero and they should be able to work it out.

I bought mine secondhand (although it had really never been used) based purely on the jacket measurements themselves and as you can see in the pics the fit was spot on. I wear a 42'' blazer, 44'' in an A-2 and my Barnstormer is a 40 so that gives you some idea of how they are sized like an overcoat.