• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero 16160 on eb

Brettafett

I definitely recommend considering John's Italian horsehide, which is a lot less stiff than Shinki. It is the one in the middle. Check out the grain. The other two are both Shinki, I am pretty sure.
The jacket with the Italian horsehide is fairly new. The others are five to ten years old.
View attachment 63204
That looks like the Italian HH Platon uses... My jacket has the same appearance and grain, but seal.

entertainment

I am going to venture an (uneducated) guess here. From top to bottom:

Aero-16160, Werber 33-1729 and a Dubow, not sure what contract, but I'd say 27798.
Excellent! Except the middle one is an SAT, so that was the trick.
Top and bottom are correct. Bottom is 27798.
I am always amazed at how the members of this forum can figure out the contracts even without much to go on! Maybe if I spend another ten years on the forum, I will be able to identify these.

Lorenzo_l

I've just learned that the SAT and HLB also have the distinctive single stitch line along the long axis of the epaulets. You never stop learning in this hobby....

bseal

The eBay item that is the subject of this thread was probably an Aero 18775; replaced cuffs, relined and it’s missing a collar stand (please notice the top of the wind flap).

Lorenzo_l

The eBay item that is the subject of this thread was probably an Aero 18775; replaced cuffs, relined and it’s missing a collar stand (please notice the top of the wind flap).

The Aero 18775 does not have a collar stand. From Goodwear's website:

18775_collar.jpg