• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

advice on reputable manifacturer

Boj@n

Hello everyone,

My first post here, and I'm looking for some help in finding a goodreputabl company that makes horse hide A-2 jacket. Aside from eastman leather are there any Other reputable companies? And why are Eastman jackets so expensive?
Thank you everyone for your help!

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Your best bet is Five Star Leather or Aero , get the Dubow FS .Why are Eastman so expensive ? its because they can charge that amount and people pay it .Good value not really ,there are better options out there .Members here will direct you to their opinions .Also welcome aboard the forum .

BIP

Last edited:

Chris 55

Hello everyone,

My first post here, and I'm looking for some help in finding a goodreputabl company that makes horse hide A-2 jacket. Aside from eastman leather are there any Other reputable companies? And why are Eastman jackets so expensive?

There's lot of people on here maybe able to shed a bit more light on the subject.
It may depend on what country your in.
These may help.

PilatusPilot

Hello everyone,

Heyy, welcome to the forum. Like the other members said, five star leather is the best option. They have very very competitive prices, amazing customer service and experience... And finally the quality is superb (I have one of their jackets myself). Although I think they are currently out of stock on horse hide... I am waiting on one myself!! If you dig around on the forum you'll find plenty of reviews on five star jackets to help you makeup your mind (and lots of pictures). And yes again, you should definitely look out for the Dubow from five star, they got an original jacket and built their reproduction based on that. Apperantly it's very close to the real deal especially for that price. On their website you can find a contact email, you can ask them to customize anything you want, so I'd you like the Dubow jacket, well you can ask them to make it in horsehide and I'm pretty sure they can do that too. :)

Dimitry M

@Boj@n
five star is great i hear. Remember just because its expensive doesn't mean its good. i got my jacket from US authentic for 500 with horse hide added. its the only jacket i have but i like it.

Dany McDonald

Hello Boj@n,

Welcome to VLJ and enjoy the community!

Are you looking for a re-creation/exact reproduction or an tribute jacket? When my interest started in flight jacket collecting I quickly shifted toward re-creations with details being respected.

Base on your preferences if you can define then already, the choice of a maker will be influence.

For my first A-2, I was lucky to have Ken @ aero leathers have a jacket made by an apprentice and am still happy with the result (but I went for the wrong liner color). So if you want a nice reproduction at a good price, you could check Aero trainee page as an option.

Thanks,

Dany

Ken at Aero Leather

Hello Boj@n,

Welcome to VLJ and enjoy the community!

Are you looking for a re-creation/exact reproduction or an tribute jacket? When my interest started in flight jacket collecting I quickly shifted toward re-creations with details being respected.

Base on your preferences if you can define then already, the choice of a maker will be influence.

For my first A-2, I was lucky to have Ken @ aero leathers have a jacket made by an apprentice and am still happy with the result (but I went for the wrong liner color). So if you want a nice reproduction at a good price, you could check Aero trainee page as an option.

Thanks,

Dany

We have an exceptionally gifted trainee just finished a batch of Broncos......you would not be dissapointed in her work