• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice needed for flight jackets

Tr250

I have several flight jackets which were collected over thirty five years ago . Which I have decided to sell but need advice on values .and were to sell . I don't know if this is the right place to ask . But any help would be appreciated . I'm not a dealer just an old collector . Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    901.3 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    916.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    981.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    1,003 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    984.7 KB · Views: 243

blackrat2

Morning
I am not sure how it goes currently but there is a section on here for jacket sales but you might have to post up a couple times before you can list
If it’s valuations might be worth adding more details on the jacket, make and sizes etc and more detailed pics with an idea of condition

Tr250

Thank you very much for the reply . I'll have a look for the sales section . I was just looking for rough valuations . Don't know we're to start really I've had them for years . Bought in London from flip thrift shop in Covent Garden . There all fairly large sizes 40-44 . I can post more details if necessary

Brettafett

johnwayne

As others have touched on, measurements are quite key as even with a size label its no g’tee it’s actually that size! The patched G1 with the faux fir collar the least worth I would say but better to sell them here than ebay and you’ll find they’ll go to good people who want them. Loads of vintage shops now in London but they’re that last place to take them, contrary to my comment on the other post/jacket earlier!

Last edited:

Dany McDonald

Hello Tr250,

My humble opinion is if you show respect by following some simple courtois rules you will get a lot of help from some of the most generous and helpful guys on the web.

Present yourself here: https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/forums/member-bios.21/ (that's really appreciated).

And if you can (?), post separate threads about your jackets with good detailed images and (correct?) measurements. Members, including myself, like to see jackets all the time, especially originals or good repros and sometime talk about them...

--- (?) I know that taking photos of things for the web can be difficult, so it's okay not to be a professional.

--- (correct?) See here for measuring tips: https://www.vintageleatherjackets.o...a-jacket-correctly-tutorial.15194/post-230126

Really hope this helps.

Looking forward!

Dany

Tr250

Hi thanks for the replys . I'll post details on each jacket then .what do you mean about present yourself ?

Tr250

Here's some more pictures of the b10 . I'll measure it up asap

Attachments

• IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    763.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    886.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    903.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    946 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    929.9 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    826.5 KB · Views: 202

Dany McDonald

I mean, give us a hint of who you are and why you appreciate the hobby, kind of....

Nice big B-10 in what looks like good condition, should attract interest. The patch looks pretty new...

D

Tr250

Right Danny got it lol. I'm a carpenter used to live in London got into the reinactment scene in the 80s . I used to be part of a group who started a Seabees group .once built a scene on the beach at western super mare . Did the 40 th anniversary of d:day took all the jackets your looking at to France and wore them there . Never got rid of the jackets . They've been sat in the wardrobe for 35 years . But I think it's time for someone else to enjoy them . Just don't know the values . I still have a nice ww2 deck jacket and p coat . All my uniform went to a dealer about two years ago he made me an offer on the lot . Don't know if was good or not . The patch on the b10 as been on there all the years I have had it 35 +. Don't know if it's original though .cheers nick

Kennyz

Welcome to VLJ, Nick.

Ken

Right Danny got it lol. I'm a carpenter used to live in London got into the reinactment scene in the 80s . I used to be part of a group who started a Seabees group .once built a scene on the beach at western super mare . Did the 40 th anniversary of d:day took all the jackets your looking at to France and wore them there . Never got rid of the jackets . They've been sat in the wardrobe for 35 years . But I think it's time for someone else to enjoy them . Just don't know the values . I still have a nice ww2 deck jacket and p coat . All my uniform went to a dealer about two years ago he made me an offer on the lot . Don't know if was good or not . The patch on the b10 as been on there all the years I have had it 35 +. Don't know if it's original though .cheers nick

Dany McDonald

Hello and welcome Nick. Nice background, always interesting to hear stories that span over so many years!

This is definitely the place to sell your kits. I am size 40ish so will keep an eye open for your threads.

Dany

Tr250

B10 and the b15 I've been asked how much I want . But that's the problem I'm not sure what there worth . any ideas yet

Attachments

• IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    914 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG