• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adm. Halsey's M-445A Flight Jacket

tda003

I just ran across this picture of Admiral Halsey's M-445A flight jackets. He is photographed in more than one type flight jacket including what appears to be an M-422A. However the photos of this clearly state on the label that it is an M-445A made by M.L.B. Corp. of NY. If not for the label, I would have thought it to be an M-444 as there are no buttons and it has a full length zipper. Its provenance is established, so there's no mistake.

Any thoughts?

Sorry. Can't seem to get to attach as a photos. Look at auction details.

tda003

Saw the 5*. Thinking about asking Shawn if he can put a full zipper front on his M-445A, shorten the collar width by about 1" and use 1/4" fleece exclusive of the (modified) collar. Halsey's had the added, horse or goat skin I suspect thatHLB used in their M-445A jackets (similar to the Buzz Rickson repro, but I'm not too concerned about that. Nice touch, but I'm not likely to be wearing it enough for it to matter. Regardless, I won't give myself high flag rank anyway :D .

Latest posts