• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adding a new discussion section on the Forum???

unclegrumpy

I have thought for a while that there needs to be a new subject/discussion tab added to the Forum's front page, and was reminded of this again by some links that Chitchat recently posted in the Buy/sell section. He posted the links to the Maurer and Maurer Squadron Patch books, which I believe have been posted on the VLJ before.

My thought is we need a new top tier tab titled "The Forum Library", and that would be the place for links to reference material to be posted. The Forum already has some great links to books and articles, but many are scattered in threads that can be hard to find. I think we need a specific place for these things to go.

It would also be nice to have a dedicated place to discuss print books and other research related topics.

That's my thought, what do you guys think?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
unclegrumpy said:
It would also be nice to have a dedicated place to discuss print books and other research related topics.

That's my thought, what do you guys think?

Don't we already have this with the Books and Films forum? And links to reference material can be posted in Links.

unclegrumpy

Weasel_Loader said:
I like the idea. No replies and just simple titles and off site links. ;)

I agree, but then I think that might lead to the need for two sections or possible subsections....one that just has titles and links, and then another one that allows discussion. I am not sure you can have something on this forum that does not allow replies...that constraint might cause explosive results in other sections :eek:

unclegrumpy

deeb7 said:
Don't we already have this with the Books and Films forum? And links to reference material can be posted in Links.
Oh great VLJ Master, I am sorry!

But I must say....I hate it when you are right! :D I looked a couple of times and never saw the Book tab....though somewhere in my feeble brain thought one was there, but never could find it.

I still think there is a need for another section. Something that is more of a bibliography. The discussion part would be great for the Book and Films section...if people will use it, but I think Weasel loader's idea clearly states what I am thinking is needed.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
unclegrumpy said:
I looked a couple of times and never saw the Book tab....

I still think there is a need for another section.

To make space for any new sections, perhaps we could combine a couple of the less succesful forums, and lose Monty Python, and the big red notice.

Atticus

deeb7 said:
To make space for any new sections, perhaps we could combine a couple of the less succesful forums, and lose Monty Python, and the big red notice.
I would like that, too. Since we don't argue about politics (or much else) anymore, Monty may have served his purpose.

AF

bfrench

Administrator
Atticus said:
deeb7 said:
I would like that, too. Since we don't argue about politics (or much else) anymore, Monty may have served his purpose.

AF

You members speak and I listen - well, maybe, err sometimes - what was it you were saying - oh,never mind

Any way - the LBTI heading is changed.

Cheers,
Bill French

hacker

bfrench said:
Atticus said:

AF

You members speak and I listen - well, maybe, err sometimes - what was it you were saying - oh,never mind

Any way - the LBTI heading is changed.

Cheers,
Bill French

So can we argue again?...... I think that's what AF is really asking :lol:

Monty