• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Acme (Aero) 18775-P (2 Years Of Steady Wear)

DiamondDave

Just my opinion, but fake aging looks just like fake aging, no matter what you do. This makes the Eastman Escape jacket look like a masterpiece.
Nothing compares to just wearing the shit out of it.
THIS is all real wear thank you. That’s what the original post indicates.
DD

stanier

Appreciated Bman and the only dancing around is due to negotiations that are ongoing. YES. I will be producing the spec correct Type A-2 jackets. I promise everyone will be made privy as soon as I can.likely this will happen under a new name, so as not to cheapen the brand that I have worked very hard to keep up.

DD

Cheapen the brand??! Sorry, but what am I missing? A chrome tanned, detail perfect jacket that all the “experts”, self appointed or not, say is what a repro A-2 should be made from and like? I don’t mean to be rude in any sense, but have to say I interpreted this as the way to the get Diamond Brand show back on the road big style and with a Big Bang! I am very interested in one of these jackets but I’m also very confused.

stanier

Would like one with a label that’s says Aero though, not Acme, and that now feels like I’m going to have to source my own label to have attached though when the time comes? Can anyone help with a source for labels?

2BM2K

One area of fake ageing that is often overlooked and not done are the snaps. These usually show wear with the top coat worn off.

Original example.
Collar2.jpg